Dolphins Hc Brian Flores: 'every Team's Rebuilding' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hc Brian Flores: 'every Team's Rebuilding'

The idea of a coach tanking is ridiculous. The fact that some of you want that mind set or to take it a step further and admit it is absolutely hilarious. Clearly never played competitive sports beyond little league. Flores is not tanking. Flores wants to build long term success, that means getting rid of **** contracts and not shelling out money for older players when we arent winning a championship next year. But to think that Flores is purposely putting a team out there to lose is hilarious. Move on...

You realize how incredibly wrong that would be to subject athletes who have worked there whole lives risking there bodies to have coaches purposely tank for 1 player in the next years draft that may or may not even come out or even be successful. I think it just shows how out of touch people are who hoping for this.

A young, inexperienced over-all team which plays to win, yet loses in the process, thereby gaining the top pick in next years draft = win.

Lol, What did you want him to say? Yeah! We're tanking?

No. But it would be nice to hear something along the lines of yes we are rebuilding and we are going to be a better team for it come openning day (last part being coach speak).

The meandering around the question just creates doubt in the process. Fans want to hear we're doing this thing right, not we're doing what every other team is doing. If you're going to coach speak and be so obviously bsing just go full Belicheat and say no and move on to the next question.

If they keep pushing just say something like we're putting the best product on the field to win, next question- more coach speak but short and sweet.

Don't meander. Just admit to what everyone knows we are doing and sell it or be short.

That's what I'd prefer, anyway. I may be in the minority. After all, bsing is bsing no matter how you flip it.

He can't actually say that the team is tanking, even if that is the plan, because the NFL is all about presenting a quality product, ratings and integrity. Commissioner Goodell could take away our 1st round Draft pick next season.

Again, tanking would consist of us gameplanning against ourselves. No coach in the NFL is going to do that.

We will go into every game doing our very best to win said game. Why is this so difficult to understand?

You think he wouldn't want to make the playoffs immediately? You think he wouldn't want to puff out his chest, raise his chin, grab hist nut sack and go, "Suck it, yall. You thought I was tanking? Nah. I'm just that good. Wait until they get better talent in here. I'll be taking this team to the SB." He'd be using his inner voice of course.

This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to avoid saying "are you tanking", you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.

Correct. And if you're going th BS be brief and move on.

No. But it would be nice to hear something along the lines of yes we are rebuilding and we are going to be a better team for it come openning day (last part being coach speak).

The meandering around the question just creates doubt in the process. Fans want to hear we're doing this thing right, not we're doing what every other team is doing. If you're going to coach speak and be so obviously bsing just go full Belicheat and say no and move on to the next question.

If they keep pushing just say something like we're putting the best product on the field to win, next question- more coach speak but short and sweet.

Don't meander. Just admit to what everyone knows we are doing and sell it or be short.

That's what I'd prefer, anyway. I may be in the minority. After all, bsing is bsing no matter how you flip it.

Well you're going to be upset with him in the media. He seems to come from the Belichick "say nothing" coaching tree and I personally like it.

Would you rather he throw all the cards on the table reveal the draft strategy and the path forward? In turn tipping off our intentions allowing teams to figure us out like they always do and pick the players we want?...i dunno . Personally from a fan standpoint what can you do but sit back and watch? Nothing they tell us should be a talk between them and us..more than fans are paying attention to every move and word being said. I dont really need to know much right now. The moves speak louder than words

Add to that fans are starving for info and jump on every little phrase, expanding it's meaning beyond reason. In this case, "every team is rebuilding" sounds a lot like a new HC saying 'everyone will have to earn their spot' when everyone knows a few players spots are locked. It's food for the hungry. Worse, some take these quotes and adeptly spin them to confirm to their view of reality.

Every college/NFL HC knows how to use 25-50 words to say nothing. Pretending quotes mean more than evasion is hearing what fans want to hear. What makes it worse for Fin fans is the actions are saying as little as the words. Pick a side and I can argue the opposite. Trying for the top pick? I can argue against that. Rebuilding and trying to win as many as possible? I can argue against that. The reality is, that's where we are. No one knows and are hanging on every small phrase to gain insight. A sure way to increase blood pressure.

Well you're going to be upset with him in the media. He seems to come from the Belichick "say nothing" coaching tree and I personally like it.

Re-read my post brother. I’d prefer he’d say nothing rather than ramble. He was rambling with that whole we’re doing what every other team does.

Really? The Pats are rebuilding. Really?

Just say no and next question. Don’t ramble. Just my preference.

Add to that fans are starving for info and jump on every little phrase, expanding it's meaning beyond reason. In this case, "every team is rebuilding" sounds a lot like a new HC saying 'everyone will have to earn their spot' when everyone knows a few players spots are locked. It's food for the hungry. Worse, some take these quotes and adeptly spin them to confirm to their view of reality.

Every college/NFL HC knows how to use 25-50 words to say nothing. Pretending quotes mean more than evasion is hearing what fans want to hear. What makes it worse for Fin fans is the actions are saying as little as the words. Pick a side and I can argue the opposite. Trying for the top pick? I can argue against that. Rebuilding and trying to win as many as possible? I can argue against that. The reality is, that's where we are. No one knows and are hanging on every small phrase to gain insight. A sure way to increase blood pressure.

If anyone thinks I’m going to lose any sleep over anything these guys say... please.

We’re having a conversation and I’m adding my 2 cents/preference.

Answer the question and assert yourself or keep it Belicheat short.

The Pats are rebuilding? Come on, coach. Just say yes and we’re doing it the right way or no and move on.

As I stated, I could care less. Let him start booty dancing or twirking or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays on stage for all I care.

images

If a rebuild is underway for the Miami Dolphins -- as most believe is the case -- rookie head coach Brian Flores isn't all that enamored with the term.

Accustomed to success after working his way up the coaching ranks for the New England Patriots and departing following a Super Bowl victory over the Rams, Flores takes on a Dolphins team coming off a 7-9 season that has accumulated extra draft picks and seen veterans aplenty depart.

However, when asked by NFL Network's Judy Battista if the team was rebuilding, Flores' take was that everybody's rebuilding -- every year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lphins-hc-brian-flores-every-teams-rebuilding
Here we go...

This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to avoid saying "are you tanking", you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.
ask stupid generic questions, get stupid generic answers.

Again, tanking would consist of us gameplanning against ourselves. No coach in the NFL is going to do that.

We will go into every game doing our very best to win said game. Why is this so difficult to understand?

You think he wouldn't want to make the playoffs immediately? You think he wouldn't want to puff out his chest, raise his chin, grab hist nut sack and go, "Suck it, yall. You thought I was tanking? Nah. I'm just that good. Wait until they get better talent in here. I'll be taking this team to the SB." He'd be using his inner voice of course.
I'd like if he said that with his outter voice.

I'd like if he said that with his outter voice.

He did:

"I can tell you, we're going to go try, gonna go out there and try to win every game. That's gonna be our goal every week."

We all know this roster is currently not in a position to win many football games. But what are we suppose to do, more expensive patchwork?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom