Dolphins Identify A New, Mildly Surprising Big Need (in Their Eyes). | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Identify A New, Mildly Surprising Big Need (in Their Eyes).

So, yeah, smokescreen season. And, well, every team wants more CB's, that's just the nature of the league these days, and if you've ever experienced a drop off in talent when someone gets injured, it truly gives coaches nightmares when that drop off is at CB. But personally, I'd say we could always use another good CB, but it is not presently a need.

Spot on from someone who knows more about the team than someone who looked up stuff and saw we gave up passing yardage.

TE is not a huge need? Maybe 2 TE.

From the article

That said — unless a top cornerback falls to 11 (perhaps Fitzpatrick or Ward) — it would be difficult, in my view, to justify taking a cornerback in the first or second rounds if a top linebacker and tight end are available in those slots

Yes, what he said....

I've said numerous times that I think if this team was going to try and emulate recent SB teams, Seattle and Denver would be a better blue print than New England or Philadelphia.

Shrink the field for an offense.

I think the secondary would benefit more from a true FS...

I think the team would benefit from a new Coaching Staff and Front Office! Why is it that they're starting 2 Strong Safeties and don't have a real Free Safety? Why is it that they can't decide where to play what LBs they currently have? They keep moving them around; don't they know who's best suited at each position? Why is it that if they have a hole at one LB position they always seem to sign a LB whose natural position is at another spot? This has been going on for quite a while now. Two consecutive coaching regimes have been led by clueless, inexperienced Head Coaches, and they've been matched with inept Front Office personnel led by Tannenbaum. If the secondary really needs a true FS, I have no doubt that they'll draft another SS.

While my personal preference is Smith, I wouldn't be upset with Ward or Jackson at #11 (or drafting Fitzpatrick to play CB). I agree CB isn't the biggest need, but we could definitely use a #1 corner and CB is a more valuable position than TE, LB, or FS.

im not a draft junkie and dont know what other teams might be game, but id love for fins to trade down, say to #20 or so plus an extra 2nd rounder this year. we need more bodies- picking up more 2-3 rnd guys would be great- better chances of a magic "hit".

also, since we have more needs (not just one "have to" spot) we could see hiw the board is playing out and then spend those extra picks accordingly. spread your risk a little.

This makes sense with the loss of Suh as well. You either have to have a D line that can make up for weak corners, or good corners to make up for a line that can't get to the QB.

Well that wouldn't exactly be a lie. We do have a need for a CB. Doesn't mean they will invest a high pick in one though. Just makes Fitzpatrick an ideal player for our system because of the versatility. He could be the starting FS as well as CB3 and backup nickel. One of those guys goes down and you move him over and put TJ back at safety.

CB is only *slightly* less of a need than WR. If they pick one up late, that's fine, but don't waste #11 on a CB. Did everyone forget Lamar Fletcher?

James is my ansolute favorite prospect in this draft and I'd love Minkah. But I'd be pissed with Ward, Jackson, or Alexander. I don't see the need at CB for this team. We are four deep with three starting caliber boundary guys and a very solid nickel.

If the DB can't play FS then I'm not interested. I think Josh Jackson has the potential to convert, but I'm not gambling on that at #11 overall. If James and Fitzpatrick are gone and we want a safety then I'd trade deep back in the first and take Reid.

Back
Top Bottom