Dolphins in meetings to address Wells report beyond Ross statement: per mando | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in meetings to address Wells report beyond Ross statement: per mando

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
I bet we hear the fate of certain individuals real soon.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 3m

The Dolphins are presently "in meetings" trying to figure out how to address Wells report beyond statement from owner Stephen Ross

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 23s

Dolphins source just texted me what everyone is assuming: "Not done yet but Turner cannot survive this."

Turner has been known. If he isn't let go, that's more surprising than anything else.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 23s

Dolphins source just texted me what everyone is assuming: "Not done yet but Turner cannot survive this."

The expected result. No matter what we thought the report would say, everyone seemed to agree that Jim Turner would be fired. I think today is the exact reason why he was retained at the end of the season, they needed someone to take the fall after the report was released. Turner is that guy, and the Dolphins have been setting this up for awhile now. Bringing in a respected and good offensive line coach in John Benton makes this move easy. Plus they also lined up Benton's assistant offensive line coach in the hiring of Ben Martin.

The only reason Turner was retained at the end of the season was so they had someone to make an example out of.

Well...

Turner is a goner.

Ireland gone.

Gaine gone.

Incog gone.

Jerry gone.

Martin gone.

Only person really left with ties are Phiblin and Pouncey.

I think Philbin surivives due to the report basically stating he did everything in his power and by the book to get Martin help.

Pouncey, not sure if he is traded?

Pouncey, not sure if he is traded?
Unless we get a top 15 pick for Pouncey it's not happening. Replacing 5 offensive lineman is only done by expansion teams, not that the O-line played much better than an expansion level O-line last year. I'm guessing we only have 6 picks (not counting any draft day trades) since we traded a conditional draft pick for McKinnie. My guess is we'll sign at least 2 free agent O-lineman and probably draft 2 others and that's with Pouncey on the team and that doesn't even leave us with much depth either.

Unless we get a top 15 pick for Pouncey it's not happening. Replacing 5 offensive lineman is only done by expansion teams, not that the O-line played much better than an expansion level O-line last year. I'm guessing we only have 6 picks (not counting any draft day trades) since we traded a conditional draft pick for McKinnie. My guess is we'll sign at least 2 free agent O-lineman and probably draft 2 others and that's with Pouncey on the team and that doesn't even leave us with much depth either.

Well it would not surprise me if Pouncey is suspended for at least a handfull of games.

Also, Pouncey will be in a contract year and the Fins might find it best to just get rid of anyone conected to the Incog/Martin meltdown, especially now that Wells report also points to Pouncey as part of the bully-gang.

Turner is almost certainly gone. The question right now seems to be whether Kevin O'Neill is gone. He did not cooperate fully with the investigation and expressed hostility for the whole process during the Wells interviews.

Not the kind of thing the league or the team is likely to look highly on. Wasn't he the "trainer of the year" or some such last year?

The only reason Turner was retained at the end of the season was so they had someone to make an example out of.

It looks that way right now, given the recent OL coaching moves. Having a scapegoat is savvy, but about as cynical as it gets.

:idk:

Well it would not surprise me if Pouncey is suspended for at least a handfull of games.

Also, Pouncey will be in a contract year and the Fins might find it best to just get rid of anyone conected to the Incog/Martin meltdown, especially now that Wells report also points to Pouncey as part of the bully-gang.

This is a real possibility

Should have cleaned house !!!

Had a perfect chance to after the way that season ended.

Could have had the new GM get his coach, and the coach get his staff.

The report would be out and there would be nobody left in the organization tied to it, except a few players that will be dealt with by the league now, and an idiot owner.

Instead, now we had this half azz gm search, all because of Ross wanted to keep a coach who has shown chit, and had a dysfunctional team in the locker room and off the field.

It's disgusting, that as fans, we have to see our beloved organization, be torn down to the ground.

We won without Pouncey for two games I believe so if he is suspended, we will just survive that and prob move on in FA.

Back
Top Bottom