Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today

This is the guy I am really hoping we land for a number of reasons. 1. His experience is outstanding, and he would essentially be the head coach of the defense. 2. He would provide a few years of stability because he’s not going for a HC job. 3. I like the defense he brings.

I think there are a number of good reasons to come here, but the main one is the core of this defense is young and extremely talented. A young leader in Chubb who already knows this defense inside out. Also, most if not all of the core fit his scheme already, so it’s not like he is completely rebuilding. I think another big selling point is I truly believe McDaniel would just let him run it without much oversight if any at all. He will be free to run the defense how he wants and a GM that is willing to go get what he wants.

Fingers crossed he sees us as the best fit because this would give us one of the best overall staffs since I can remember. Except Crossman… I think McDaniel is banking on not needing specials too much.. lol.

I want Fangio, badly and for a while now. But I think we have to finish the Desai interview and maybe Kris Richards before anything official is done. Assuming Fangio wants here in the first place.

My two cents; How could a coach look at this team as a whole and the defensive talent he would have to work with, know that this owner is ready and willing to "chuck up the ducks" it takes to win a championship, and live in relative (income tax free) paradise, and not be exited? All the young D talent he would have to mold into his legacy as a Super Bowl winning D makes this a great opportunity. He also would have an offense that has the potential to win most games when the D has a bad day. What's not to like here?

Devils Advocate:

Owner is a loser. Always has been. Franchise is easily one of the worst pro sports franchises in terms of on-field success. Zero playoff pedigree. 2nd year coach. QB health is a major issue. OL is brutal.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get the guy. But if Philly is an option for him too, it’s a no brainer.

I'm not sure if he wants to be a head coach again. If he does, will he stake his reputation on the Dolphins to bolster his career. Either way it doesn't take him long to make a decision.

Fangio was released from his contract by the 49ers on January 15, 2015 after Harbaugh was let go.[8]
Chicago Bears
On January 19, 2015, Fangio agreed in principle to become the defensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears.[9] After the departure of outside linebackers coach Clint Hurtt in 2017, Fangio assumed that position in addition to his role as defensive coordinator.[10] During Fangio's first three seasons in Chicago, the Bears defense improved from a 30th-ranked unit in 2014 to being 14th, 15th, and 10th in total defense.[11]

Devils Advocate:

Owner is a loser. Always has been. Franchise is easily one of the worst pro sports franchises in terms of on-field success. Zero playoff pedigree. 2nd year coach. QB health is a major issue. OL is brutal.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get the guy. But if Philly is an option for him too, it’s a no brainer.
I know you're playing devil's advocate, but that part in bold isnt even remotely true. The rest, I wont argue with.

Devils Advocate:

counterpoints:
Owner is a winner by many measures and is always trying to improve the team.
The past doesn't mean much but there are probably a dozen teams with worse records over the last decade
Philly currently has a 2nd year coach who lost in the wild card round his first season
QB is capable of putting up MVP numbers
OL was much improved, just needs 1-2 more players
also, McDaniel is a friend
Miami currently mostly sunny and 78, Philly 40 and rain

Devils Advocate:

Owner is a loser. BTW He's a Billionaire... Always has been. Franchise is easily one of the worst pro sports franchises in terms of on-field success. See below. Zero playoff pedigree. See Below. 2nd year coach. QB health is a major issue. OL is brutal.

Who has a 17-0 season capped with a Super Bowl World Champoinship trophy? I'll wait....You sure you're a fan?

You have to think at his age, the Philadelphia opportunity is hard to pass for him, considering he lives so close. The flipside is most elderly people would love to live in Florida with the added bonus of his apparent friendship with McDaniel. I believe it’s a coin toss and if he leaves without a contract, I think that’s a very bad sign.
At his age the 1st thing he wants to do is get as far from Philly as he can and head to ****ing Miami!

Miami are not the kind of team to have coaches snorting cocaine off women’s stomachs, it is regularly stated they want staff of good character.

Oh wait sorry, my mistake. Miami DO have coaches etc etc
I prefer the upper thigh!

Back
Top Bottom