Dolphins' Jakeem Grant: Makes Most Of Opportunity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Jakeem Grant: Makes Most Of Opportunity

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
th

Dolphins went ultra-small at wide receiver, using Grant, Albert Wilson and Danny Amendola on nearly every snap in the first half. Grant has been making a case for an expanded role since December, but it's hard to see how he'll get regular targets unless Miami's injury woes carry into the regular season.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/dolphins-jakeem-grant-makes-most-of-opportunity/

Grant has worked hard to mitigate his shortcomings (no pun intended), and deserves an opportunity. He is lightning in open space.

With the players we have, Gase should be able to use the speed effectively. I see a lot of "package" sets, varying from week to week as the opponent dictates. I hope they can make it work. Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

Better than parker at this point

I hate to say it but it wouldn't surprise me if Dbs and defensive overall are much more afraid of Grant at this point. In the game, the Dbs came up like they were going to challenge Grant at the line. Yet, right before the snap, they're bailing like their hairs on fire. That's easy yardage on a comeback or slant with that much cushion.

I laughed so hard.

Expect to see much more of this during the regular season as its not like we are resting both Parkey and Stills who will just turn it on as major weapons when the season starts. I hope to see what the rookie tight ends bring to the table in the middle of the field to take some pressure off the WR. Hopefully Ford can bring a little more size to this group too.

I really like what I have seen from grant so far. I was very confused when we signed Wilson in free agency because i figured the staff liked grant too and wilson is a similar type player. I hope to see Grant at WR more this season, hes earned it.

Jakeem Grant is starting to look like a legitimate NFL starting caliber receiver.

Everyone who pointed out way those DBs were covering him saw the same thing I did. They cover him with the fear of being torched on every snap.

Jakeem Grant is starting to look like a legitimate NFL starting caliber receiver.

Everyone who pointed out way those DBs were covering him saw the same thing I did. They cover him with the fear of being torched on every snap.

Can't wait to see him in the regular season. His speed is unreal.

Back
Top Bottom