DOLPHINS KEEPING TABS ON McCARDELL.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DOLPHINS KEEPING TABS ON McCARDELL....

Well it really depends on whether or not Sam Simmons/Albert Johnson/insert name here show enough to warrant a roster spot based on return ability, and show enough to be able to contribute enough as a #5 WR(not much contribution if WRs stay healthy) thaen maybe Ward gets cut.

If the young guys dont show enough, then our 5 WRs would be Chambers, Gadsden, McKnight, Ward, McCardell(in no par. order)

no way McKnight gets cut, he had a solid year last eason, people seem to be blind to that fact.

i'm from winnipeg canada where albert johnson played for the bluebombers of the cfl and he was a killer returner for the bombers in 2000...but i dont think he was all that great of a receiver so i would think he'd prob return up north here...

STs player of the year as a rookie in any league is pretty good. I think the biggest factor for A Johnson will be his ability to come back from his ACL injury. If he doesn't come back 100%, he has no shot at a roster spot.

Simple:

McCardell/Chambers as starters
McKnight as the slot 3rd reciever
Orende/Ward battling for the 4th spot with the loser taking the 5th.

Orende's the odd man out in this with his toes and all. He's in the final year of his contract and the phins have made no effort to even talk about an extension.

I think it should be

1-2 McCardell and Chambers (No particular order)
Slot Gadsden (We need hands there, not speed)
4 McKnight
5 Ward (He can return and is a decent receiver)

Now THAT is a 5 wide set :D
Though, I'd rather have a 4 wide with Ricky back there ;)

VanDolphin....

It becomes a tricky game if Simmons.....or anybody.....steps up and plays like a legit NFL caliber player. Then you need to cut one of the top 5 for salary cap purposes. Simmons will be cheap as hell for 4 years, and if he can play, we need to take advantage of that. That is when the question begs - Who gets cut?

For the answer, see TC and Pre Season when the hitting starts and we see who is playing well and who are the dogs. You never know, someone may go down for the year, and we may need to keep all of them.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
VanDolphin....

It becomes a tricky game if Simmons.....or anybody.....steps up and plays like a legit NFL caliber player. Then you need to cut one of the top 5 for salary cap purposes. Simmons will be cheap as hell for 4 years, and if he can play, we need to take advantage of that. That is when the question begs - Who gets cut?

For the answer, see TC and Pre Season when the hitting starts and we see who is playing well and who are the dogs. You never know, someone may go down for the year, and we may need to keep all of them.

Like I said. Orende is the odd man out. I don't see any of these other WR's making the team in anything other then a practice squad, 6th WR/ST roll because I don't see them beating out any of those 5 WR's. Unless the cap stops us from signing an additional player beyond McCardell then I don't see Orende being cut. I just see him playing the year out and leaving via FA.

I feel that we will keep 6 WR's on the final roster, with the last guy being the return guy.
I also wouldn't mind us resigning Orande and turning him into a "Nat Moore/Crash Jenson" type.
He would be the perfect 3rd down possesion slot guy, and can still get the job done in the red zone.
His health is obviuosly the biggest factor in that happening.
I think they could work out the money, if he is healthy.
But, from what I have heard, his toes will never be 100% again.
It would be a shame to see him go, he is one of the All-Time favorite fins IMO.

I'm pretty sure we have no history of keeping 6 WRs on the roster, so I doubt that will change any this year.

I could be wrong tho.

At least $500,000, which is enough to sign a Vet to the min after june 1......we'll see how it pans out, but i hope Oronde sticks, and I believe he will, I'd definately keep him over Ward.

I hope we keep him as well. He`s become a fan fav. not only with his playing ability but his off-field demeaner as well.

Afterall, how many Phin players have their pic in the HOF.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I'm pretty sure we have no history of keeping 6 WRs on the roster, so I doubt that will change any this year.

I could be wrong tho.

We kept 6 WRs from 1987-1993 for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom