Dolphins Kicking Battle Is One To Watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Kicking Battle Is One To Watch

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I know people hear any news on kickers and they roll their eyes. But kickers are consistently among the league leaders in points and if you don't have a good one it can drive you crazy. That why, I do not know what his contract demands were, I wish we could have kept Parkey.

dolphins-kicker-jason-sanders-681x351.png

The Dolphins are going to camp with 2 rookie kickers Jason Sanders and Greg Joseph. Both are unproven and fans don’t know how either will do with the game on the line to win the game. Just ask the Los Angeles Chargers about the kicking game. They lost their first 2 games because their kicker couldn’t come through in the clutch to win or send the game into overtime and both loses came back to haunt them at the end of the season in not making the playoffs.

https://thegruelingtruth.net/football/nfl/dolphins-kicking-battle-is-one-to-watch/

We shall see. I'm not expecting the move to make a big difference for the Bears or the Dolphins.

Parkey got an insane amount of money. If we were going to sign him it would have to have been during the season before the market for him set.

The article mentions Dan Carpenter. They also mention he was automatic inside the 45. I may be wrong? But doesn't Carp hold the Dolphins record for the longest field goal in our history? 57 yards I think it was?

Edit: A Google search says it was 60 yards.

Big time.

Parkey had a bit of an IT factor that good kickers have.

Huge unforced error not to sign him.

Right now is shaping up to be a weakness for Miami, and there was no need for that.

LD

Also, that onside kick of his was ridiculously scary. Really hated to see him go. We should be able to replace what Landry, Suh, and Pouncy did, but i doubt we will get as much production at Kicker, as Parkey gave us.

Big time.

Parkey had a bit of an IT factor that good kickers have.

Huge unforced error not to sign him.

Right now is shaping up to be a weakness for Miami, and there was no need for that.

LD
Yep major oversight looking at it from the current perspective. Rizzi is expected to make chicken salad out of chicken poop.v

I am scared this is going to be a battle of who sucks less rather than who is good. Hopefully someone on our roster or gets cut emerges as a legit kicker. You can’t underestimate how important the kicker is. In 2016 we don’t go to the playoffs if our kicker doesn’t make a 53 yarder tonsend the bills game in to OT.

Wasn’t an error that they didn’t sign him. Chicago paid a lot to pick him up.

That's why you sign talent when you have the chance. Or wait till later, swallow your pride and match the money.

Kickers who get better the higher the pressure are rare. When you see that developing (in any playmaker), you roll the dice and sign before the market prices you out.

LD

That's why you sign talent when you have the chance. Or wait till later, swallow your pride and match the money.

Kickers who get better the higher the pressure are rare. When you see that developing (in any playmaker), you roll the dice and sign before the market prices you out.

LD
Agree. He got a lot of money for a kicker but we pay retread, horrid o-linemen that kind of money every year. I thought it was sooooo dumb to let him walk. Had our QBs not sucked ass, two of his onside kicks would have led to wins (both against the Bills I think). And wasn’t he 100% from 50+? He’s also been to a pro bowl.

Y'all hate to over pay any body, now we are talking about cody parkey? come on regular season please! these guys are making up stories to type about again.

Back
Top Bottom