Dolphins l Might Have Interest In Re-Signing WR David Boston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins l Might Have Interest In Re-Signing WR David Boston

Adding that we added a lot of depth for WR, should we re-sign David Boston?

• No, He Would Be Worthless...

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • Yes, He Would Be Useful

Votes: 111 54.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't as if his situation this year is worse than last year. It's better. Last year he was clearly still struggling to regain form after the 2004 injury that robbed him of an entire year of football. This year he might be in a little better shape than last year.

ckparrothead said:
It isn't as if his situation this year is worse than last year. It's better. Last year he was clearly still struggling to regain form after the 2004 injury that robbed him of an entire year of football. This year he might be in a little better shape than last year.

MiamiHerald.com said:
"...Boston recently had surgery on both knees but is running again.
''We'll get him to start visiting teams in the next couple of weeks,'' Frankel said..."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14469902.htm

He might been improving...

MiamiHerald.com said:
"...But after Miami's selection of receivers Derek Hagan and Devin Aromashodu, Frankel conceded that Boston might have to play for another team..."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14469902.htm

But theres also the possibility that he starts seeking another team...

ckparrothead said:

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt steroid like supplements make you more succeptible to injuries ? What concerns me is that has put on a lot of mass on his upper body without doing the same for his lower body.The Law of physics come into play.

Age is another concern which is why I think we should move on to a younger player.

But I agree there is no harm to invite him to camp.I do worry that he makes the final roster then gets an early injury and rides the bench again.

WharfRat said:
:yeahthat:

It certaily wouldn't hurt to see what he's got this year... if nothing, then he's nothing more than training camp fodder, if he's still got something, then why not let him contribute on the cheap?

:yeahthat:

:lol:

I thought I'd return the favor. It's nice to agree with you. :)

Jimmy James said:
Why not bring Dave back in for camp if he has the desire? He's not going to make the team unless something miraculous has happened with the knees, but it's not like it will cost Miami anything other than a little bit of Wayne's money.

Could be camp fodder tho...I just think that he is spent...the heavy 'roids that he used to take have taken a toll on his knees...it's a shame because he was an amazing athlete...I just don't see him being able to contribute or ever get back to where he was with the Cards....

We might as well, if he would have to battle for a roster spot, and if he doesn't we don't lose anything.

How about this question, since we haven't fully addressed the outside Linebacker spot, why not sign Junior Seau to a 1 year contract?

Any thoughts?

westernnyphinfa said:
We might as well, if he would have to battle for a roster spot, and if he doesn't we don't lose anything.

How about this question, since we haven't fully addressed the outside Linebacker spot, why not sign Junior Seau to a 1 year contract?

Any thoughts?

Eventually that could happen at the end of the FA signings..., of course, if we dont address the depth, but its likely for Saban to address it whithin the Free Agency period, Saban was looking for the signing of LaVar, thats why he didn't add some big playmaker to the depth, but now, its likely to see Saban finding another one...

I'd invite him to camp with probably a vet's min. If he shows his knee is finally healed and he returns to his Pro Bowl form, we'd definitely re-sign him.

Sure... bring him into camp... why not?

MiamiMan147 said:
That was before we drafted 2 WR's.

Agreed. This is old news, I think. Im sure if his agent asked Nick the same question today hed get a different answer.

I think we should give the guy a deliberate shot. It takes a few years to come back from an injury like he had, and I dont see why it would hurt us to bring him into training camp. We have absolutely nothing to lose and something to gain. And just saying no to him coming to training just cuz we drafted two receivers is unprofessional. D-Bo has more experience, has the ability to make an immediate impact, and last i checked, it doesnt hurt to have too much talent.

Dolphins | Boston unlikely to return
Mon, 1 May 2006 10:10:17 -0700
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports free agent WR David Boston (knee) is unlikely to re-sign with the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins added two wide receivers during the draft and appear set at the position. Boston's agent claims he will be ready to begin working out for teams by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom