Dolphins Looking to Move Up from #18 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Looking to Move Up from #18

NFL radio is saying Miami is targeting Thomas at #5, and if he's gone they would take Tua.

NFL radio is saying Miami is targeting Thomas at #5, and if he's gone they would take Tua.

That would be great if we want this draft to be an utter failure. Any OT top 5 is just a bad pick. Tua, Simmons or bust. Hell I’d be happier reaching for Herbert if we thought he was our guys over a tackle.

As much uncertainty as there is surrounding the 1st round QBs available to Miami in this draft, if they don’t want empty stadiums next year they better draft a QB somewhere. I just have felt for awhile they’re targeting Love with a move up at 18. So either Tua with move up from 18 for OT or OT move up from 18 for Love or Tua if he falls. That’s how I see it.

Wills won’t make it past 10, he may not even make it past the Giants pick at 4.
Wills probably won’t but Wirfs could. I feel like he’s starting to get overlooked but he’s insanely athletic for his size and can play either tackle position.

This right here feels like a definite smoke screen. If you believe first 3 picks are locked in Burrow to Cin, Young to Wash, Okudah to Det, our biggest worry becomes the Giants trading back and a team jumping us for our QB. If our info says they have Thomas ranked #1 for OTs, then leaking that we will draft him puts the pressure on the Giants to decide how much higher they have Thomas ranked versus the other options. Basically, you want your guy? Well you're drafting him at #4.

Last edited:
Worst case scenario, we miss out on our targets at QB and have to take BPA at 5. Why not take Simmons..he’s right up there with Young as far as true difference makers on defense in this year’s draft.

Strictly hypothetical, they could also trade for disgruntled Ngakoue...and right there, you have a pretty damn good Defense (at least on paper)

Did you get a chance to hear elway. He fully believes this will reduce draft day trades. He said it's very difficult not having everyone in the same room.
Im surprised they move start time up an hour and give teams an addition 5 mins.
He is wanting to move up in the draft himself. No I didn’t listen to him.

I'm not convinced we aren't considering Chase Young @ #3 or Isaiah Simmons @ #5, if the cards fall correctly in front of us.

I think there are too many questions with Herbert and risk with Tua. That is why I have started believing we might be looking to grab Tua or Love in a value pick scenario between 10 - 20 and use our first 1st to go after an elite D prospect. Then grab QB and OT with the other two 1sts.

Let's face it, if we walked away with Young or Simmons with our 1st pick... how many would question the logic?

Would you take a healthy Young or Simmons over a QB with health issues or a QB with skill issues?

You don't collect three 1sts, two 2nds, Slim Fast your salary cap and strategically build in FA only to package picks to trade up or bank your team's immediate future on a QB with question marks.

I think we are looking to use ALL five 1sts and 2nds to stock with players. If a value pick scenario at QB happens with the #2 1st while grabbing a foundational piece on D with the #1 1st... I think you roll those dice every day of the week.

It's not about one year and that OL-man they draft can play this year.

Obviously its not about one year. Like I said they must really like one specific player. Personally I wouldn't trade up for a lineman.

Wills probably won’t but Wirfs could. I feel like he’s starting to get overlooked but he’s insanely athletic for his size and can play either tackle position.
Reading ALOT about Wirfs to Arizona at #8(I think it's #8) ....could be smoke, could be real, either way I don't think he falls unfortunately.... Now Becton on the other hand......

A rumor I saw was moving up to #9 in a package including Fournette and 39 along with the 18. I think we also get #70 in that exchange

Back
Top Bottom