Dolphins looking to trade more prior to draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade more prior to draft

No offense but maybe you should do your own research instead of relying on Mayock. His game fits what Tannehill is familiar with, more of an H-back, and he's a decent blocker but he's maxed out athletically and will be a 25 year old rookie once the season starts. You don't spend a 1st on that type of player.

Maybe that's one of our problems! Nothing wrong with an older draftee with his head on straight!

We desperately need a decent TE. Hayden Hurst appears the best in the Draft and because many other teams also desperately need a good TE, I think he may go late in the 2nd half of the 1st round (Mike Mayock rates him the best TE as well). Maybe by trading back in the 1st we can get Hurst and put a good extra pick towards a quality LB or safety. What differentiates Hurst from the rest is that in addition to his athleticism and safe hands, he's the only highly rated TE who is also a decent blocker.
I expect that the prospect of drafting a TE in the 1st round has induced hyperventilation and a panic attack for some of you, but I don't think there are many good options to address the TE position.

IMO taking Hurst over Gesicki is like taking Hunter Henry over Jimmy Graham. I'm praying other teams feel like you and take Hurst and Gesicki falls to us in the second.

Trade Branch for a TE or hopefully get a 5th round pick for him?

Or maybe trade McDonald?

Can't see anyone else we would trade to be honest

Ju'Wuan James. You underestimate the depth at the RT position. Very Good depth. Starting caliber depth. The Dolphins could add a pick and garner over 9 mil in cap cleared and not miss a beat on the OL.

Jesse Davis,Eric Smith,Sam Young, Zach Sterup. Kinda thick down there south of James on the depth chart. Players on the fifth year option can be traded.

I live in Philly area and see all the Eagles games and i really do not get why people slam Kendricks
Gross???? seriously? He is better than any LB that played for us in many years..
He is not a world beater but definitely solid and would be fine for us for a late round pick and a redone contract.
He tailed off a bit at the end of the season but does anyone here actually watch him?

IMO taking Hurst over Gesicki is like taking Hunter Henry over Jimmy Graham. I'm praying other teams feel like you and take Hurst and Gesicki falls to us in the second.
The last time he was enamored by of players combo's numbers we ended up with Dion Jordan

I would just hold on to Branch this year. We can cut bait and save a bunch of money after this season can’t we? He’s decent depth and we don’t need the money this year

Unless the QB we want falls to us at 11, I still believe trading down into the lower 1/2 of the first gives us the best player of need and value. In addition, we could use another 2nd or 3rd which could allow us double down in one position (as others have suggested).

Unless the QB we want falls to us at 11, I still believe trading down into the lower 1/2 of the first gives us the best player of need and value. In addition, we could use another 2nd or 3rd which could allow us double down in one position (as others have suggested).

It's a delicate balance here, specifically this year. I don't want the Fins to do the equivalent of passing on Earl Thomas and ending up with Jared Odrick and Koa Misi again.

I see three possibilities:

1) Mayfield falls to 11. (Yes, I know that this appears to be unlikely. But unlikely happens from time to time. Just ask Tunsil.)

2) Four QB go before 11. If this is the case, I am hard pressed to find a scenario in which a premier player at a position of need doesn't fall directly in the Dolphins's collective lap. Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Trumaine Edwards, Quentin Nelson, Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Saquon Barkley. One of those players will be there at 11 if all 4 QB go.

3) Baker Mayfield is there at 11, there are multiple players on the board from the above list, and Buffalo and Arizona are still at 12 and 14. This is the only way I trade back. You're still getting one of those players, and grabbing additional picks.

The last time he was enamored by of players combo's numbers we ended up with Dion Jordan

A 42" inch vertical is hardly a discrepancy on a 6'5" 250 lb. dude that knows how to use. It is the biggest red zone matchup nightmare in this year's draft. Jordan had character issues. Jordan would've been beyond awesome at any of the LB positions.

Back
Top Bottom