Dolphins looking to trade more prior to draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade more prior to draft

Yea trade James for a 7th rounder sounds about right for this bunch maybe we can draft another Brandon Dougherty, Forde or Te we can keep on the PT part time.

It's a delicate balance here, specifically this year. I don't want the Fins to do the equivalent of passing on Earl Thomas and ending up with Jared Odrick and Koa Misi again.

I see three possibilities:

1) Mayfield falls to 11. (Yes, I know that this appears to be unlikely. But unlikely happens from time to time. Just ask Tunsil.)

2) Four QB go before 11. If this is the case, I am hard pressed to find a scenario in which a premier player at a position of need doesn't fall directly in the Dolphins's collective lap. Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Trumaine Edwards, Quentin Nelson, Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Saquon Barkley. One of those players will be there at 11 if all 4 QB go.

3) Baker Mayfield is there at 11, there are multiple players on the board from the above list, and Buffalo and Arizona are still at 12 and 14. This is the only way I trade back. You're still getting one of those players, and grabbing additional picks.

I hope for 3. Buffalo is desperate for a QB and we could take advantage of that.

I think there will be a trade of Juwan James for CJ Anderson with the possibility of throwing Paradis and Barrett into the mix for some of our draft picks. Because when we inquired about these players Elway was quick to say Anderson was not getting released and then locked up Paradis and Barrett .Then when there was interest from Denver and there was a run on right tackles we locked up Juwan James.

No hesitation. Assuming Harris improves he's not going to get many snaps if at all. Wake, Quinn, Harris, Hayes.... All better players than his garbage ***.

Maybe he could be used to move up in a round as a trade piece. I'm over him, if we are jettisoning contracts might as well get him out too.

Ju'Wuan James. You underestimate the depth at the RT position. Very Good depth. Starting caliber depth. The Dolphins could add a pick and garner over 9 mil in cap cleared and not miss a beat on the OL.

Jesse Davis,Eric Smith,Sam Young, Zach Sterup. Kinda thick down there south of James on the depth chart. Players on the fifth year option can be traded.

IMG_2148.PNG

Tannenbum needs to create a few more holes to fill in with marginal talent low round draft picks.
Trading makes perfect sense.

Unless the QB we want falls to us at 11, I still believe trading down into the lower 1/2 of the first gives us the best player of need and value. In addition, we could use another 2nd or 3rd which could allow us double down in one position (as others have suggested).

Makes way too much sense. Who do you think we are? The Patriots?

I wouldn't trade down if Edmunds, Smith, James, or Fitzpatrick are on the board. Those are 5 star caliber guys. But if only three QBs go in the top 10, and all of those guys are gone.... Then I'd move down if and only if that fallen QB is Josh Allen. But I think the Bills are heavily in for Allen, which is awesome as that would set their franchise back another 5 years.

I trust Adam Gase's QB judgement. If he's really in love with Mayfield and they find a way to get him I won't judge the compensation. I'll judge what he becomes under Gase.

Back
Top Bottom