Dolphins May Have To Decide Between Tackles Jared Odrick and Randy Starks... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins May Have To Decide Between Tackles Jared Odrick and Randy Starks...

I'd be tempted to part with both and sign a top tier dt in free agency if ones out there...underwhelmed with Both this year...

Not sure they have to make a choice between those two. Depends on what Odrick demands.

There are plenty of players that Miami may choose to move away from next year.
Danell Ellerbee scheduled to make 9.8 million (4.2 million dead)
Brian Hartline 7.35 million (4.2million dead)
Cortland Finnagan 6.475 million ( 1 million dead)
Shelly Smith 3 million (250,000 dead)
Brandon Fields 3.9 million (790,000 dead)
Brandon Gibson 4.2 million ( 1 million dead)

They are definately going to have to address Vernon's contract this off season also.

Didnt mentio Wheeler because it makes no sense to cut him when his dead money is same as cap number.
That horrible Ellerbee contract is already biting us in the ass.

100% agree. There is a ton of money to play the shell game with once we release some dead weight. People I could see released are Ellerbe, Hartline and Smith. You can decide what to do with Finnegan after you see how Taylor and Davis improve. Besides Odrick and Vernon they are going to look long and hard at signing Delmas as well.

If Michael Thomas comes back strong from his injury I could see Wilson getting released as well although I don't think his cap hit is much.

Odrick.. and if I had druthers, make a play for "Donkey Kong" Suh.. him, Odrick, OV & Wake - w/Jordan, Misi, McCain behind... that's a 7!

100% agree. There is a ton of money to play the shell game with once we release some dead weight. People I could see released are Ellerbe, Hartline and Smith. You can decide what to do with Finnegan after you see how Taylor and Davis improve. Besides Odrick and Vernon they are going to look long and hard at signing Delmas as well.

If Michael Thomas comes back strong from his injury I could see Wilson getting released as well although I don't think his cap hit is much.

Agreed most of these guys are look at a restucturing there current deals and I believe most them will go along if we want to keep them and of course we could sign Odrick Vernon etc to future deals. Now that it looks like we are improving as a team my bet is that most of these guys will want to resign. Just watching Philly tonight and their defence and I am putting a lot of my draft pick on the D next year unless I can get that superior play at TE, WR rezone type player and or a guard. Middle linebacker is a huge need, DL and DB can all be improved. Wake, Starks, Delmas, Fiingan and Grimes are all older players that you need to groom their replacements. Ellerbee, Msi, Mccain, Tripp, Msi, Wheeler and Dion Jordan are all suited for OLB. We have Wake, Vernon, Shelby and Odrick who can play outside which leave Starks and Mitchell in the middle. Really we are weak in the middle. At safty we have Jones and not much else along with Grimes, Taylor, Finningan and Davis on the outside.

I'd be tempted to part with both and sign a top tier dt in free agency if ones out there...underwhelmed with Both this year...

Jared Odrick is probably the second or third best available DT available after Suh so I am not sure who that top tier will consistent of. Terrance Knighton? Nick Fairley? Maybe, but I am not jettisoning Starks before Odrick can be signed.

Honestly IMO we could let Odrick go after this season and groom Johnson and Johnson to be our future eventually letting Starks go after 2015. I like Odrick and Starks but with RT's contract coming up we are going to face some tough money decisions. The DL is one of those where we will need to save some money and go young. Johnson and Johnson have the potential to be our next generation tackle combo.

If Fairley or Suh is available go get them.

Suh's contract is going to be that of a franchise QB. Fairley does not take care of his body and I question whether he cares about his craft.

Of course its Odrick, but its not likely Miami will have to choose between the two. We are rolling over $11m in cap space. As dlockz mentioned we have lower priority players that are likely cuts. Ellerbe is gone if he doesn't take a pay cut +$5m, Hartline and/or Gibson are gone +$3-6m, and Shelly Smith +$2.5m. we are looking at a minimum of $20m in cap space. This article is nonsense, I would be shocked if Odrick and Starks are not back in Miami next season.

I think both are slightly above average at best and I wouldn't be bothered with losing either or both. This team needs some big, nasty, aggresssive snotknockers that can dominate in the trenches and that includes the interior of the OL as well.

Neither Starks or Odrick are that. I miss a guy like Tim Bowens. I'm sick of finesse defenses. I want some monsters on the DL like Buffalo has and I also want to see a couple of punishing tacklers at LB and Safety. Football is still won in the trenches by grown men.

Back
Top Bottom