Dolphins Meeting With Daniel Jones Today.....sigh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Meeting With Daniel Jones Today.....sigh

I know we're meeting a ton of players as we should. I believe we've met with Jones several times already tho. I heard his first interview with the team did not go well. Like I said, I'm hoping this is more smoke screen than anything else. This could be Tannehill 2 but with a weaker arm.

The team is only allowed 30 visits. Using one on this guy is as you may say ill-advised. As I would say after the past 7 years a disaster.

From every analyst I follow/trust, I wouldn't go near him. He sounds like a poor man's version of Tannehill, so I would really hope Grier wouldn't go back down that road again, even if he's available in the 2nd round.

I think it is funny (and sad) that so many people read so much into something as simple as a draft prospect visiting with the team. If nothing else, the front office and coaching staff have done a tremendous job of keeping their draft strategy on a need to know basis and obviously it is driving people nuts. Using phrases like "I heard....(fill in the blank)" without any direct quote on the record from someone in a position in the front office or coaching staff is ridiculous. Anyone can put out a blog with some drivel on it and people here eat it up like it is gospel. Or put out some rumor about what they heard from the voices in their head.

Relax everyone. The draft is two weeks away and the team is doing their due diligence and not showing their hand in the process.

I really hope they're just trying to get a team to trade with them by making them think we really want him. I just heard this in the NFLN that he's meeting with them today.
I hope you're right! I'm also not a big Daniel Jones fan … reminds me of a poor man's version of the old Baltimore Colts QB Bert Jones … and I never liked him either.

DqzqJbvVYAA1czO.jpg

we're gonna draft him<sigh>

If you can't bother doing due diligence on at least the top 15 perceived talents at QB, you shouldn't be in the business of evaluating QB's.

Information download is correct.

His talent doesn't "scream" first round pick, but scouts are said to be really high on him. My concern is his lack of arm strength. I know that tends to be overrated, but the speed in the game is always improving meaning windows are getting smaller for these quarterbacks. We have some defensive lineman coming out of this draft that are running 4.4 and 4.5 40's. Oliver's short-shuttle time was faster than some running backs.

That said, if Jones processes information faster than most quarterbacks that could make up for his lack of arm talent. He could also be a good fit in a NE style offense, which doesn't require a lot of downfield throws.

If I (as a GM) even got wind that he could go in the middle of the first round, I (at pick 13 and in need of a QB) would meet with him dozens of times. I'd move into his house for a couple weeks in early April, then go on a Boys Trip with him to Vegas in mid-April.

Just to scare anyone drafting from 14 to 25 into thinking I was interested.

I hope you're right! I'm also not a big Daniel Jones fan … reminds me of a poor man's version of the old Baltimore Colts QB Bert Jones … and I never liked him either.

Bert Jones was one of my favorites. Had a cannon of an arm. Was fun watching him Glen Doughty, Roger Carr, Raymond Chester and Lydal Mitchell. They were the San Diego Chargers or that era.

Last edited:
Jones has no redeemable qualities

Why do I get the feeling some people see the #17 and some people comparing Jones to Tannehill and from that alone they develop a dislike for the guy. Let the kid succeed or fail on his own merit and play and not project your dislike for Tannehill on him.

I think this guy is getting a bad rap... after seeing his tape compared to Easton Stick... I think Daniel Jones will be the better NFL QB. I would definitely take a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th. Easton Stick relies too much on his feet for TD's.

Back
Top Bottom