Dolphins Might Have Two Pro Bowlers On Rightside OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Might Have Two Pro Bowlers On Rightside OL

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Two Pro Bowlers on Right Side this year?
If Searcy is as good as I'm hearing, and is looking like he did in years past, he will do nothing but make our whole OL better,......especially Todd Wade.
We might see two Pro Bowlers lining up to each other on the right side Dolfans with Searcy at RG and Wade at RT. I thought this would be Wade's breakout year anyway, but now I'm EXPECTING great things on that side of the line.
I still favor seeing Dixon move to LT, where he has played in the past. I think the less contact for him the better for us he'll be. Let McKinney, Perry, and Nails battle for the LG spot and have Brent Smith backup the OT's on both sides.

LT- Dixon
LG - Perry
C - Ruddy
RG - Searcy
RT - Wade

Thats my line right now.........:cool:

dixon isnt moving to lt it is his buddys spot so he will not do it .can you fill in the rest of the oline as far as the back ups andrews

Originally posted by skippysphins
dixon isnt moving to lt it is his buddys spot so he will not do it .can you fill in the rest of the oline as far as the back ups andrews

He will do it when he's told to do it if Smith isn't good enough there.

As for the original post it pretty much depends on health. Searcy has the talent and if Searcy/Wade/Ruddy aren't nursing injuries then you will see Ricky running through there a lot. That's pretty much the NFL though. Your offensive line is 50% talent, 30% health and 20% consistent playing time with your linemates.

Good Point VA..........

Yes, I think staying healthy will absolutely be the key to the success or failure of our OL this year. Last year at this time, I was questioning if Fiedler was durable enough to stay healthy all year and he did well. I'm hoping to see the entire OL come through ion the same fashion.
If we can keep the same crew in healthy I think we'll be surprised at how well they do.

that's is why I am so worried about relying Dixon. I would say the chances of him playing the whole year are 50-50 at best and the OL needs that other 20% for continuity and communication. But you gotta go w/your 5 best and he's one of our best when healthy.

REMEMBER:

Hey...remember too that there is much less contact at LT than there is inside at LG. Dixon is a player that has mobilty. He has great agility for an OL and is easily quick enough to play LT. In fact, He has played LT more than he has LG......people just don't realize that because JJ made him a LG.

Dixon was a LG for four years of college.

First of all, Searcy plays tackle.
Secondly, I don't think he's gonna be healthy for a whole season.
Lastly, what would make Wade a Pro-Bowler?

Originally posted by fthefish11
used to play T, the fins are only working him at G

who knows ?

:confused: not convinced of that, but RW leading the AFC in rushing would help :D

FAIR QUESTIONS

Originally posted by fthefish11

HE WILL BE OUR STARTING RG.....AND HE IS LOOKING GREAT NEXT TO WADE THUS FAR.

WHY IS THAT? HE SUFFERED FROM ARM INJURIES TO HIS BICEP AND IS LIFTING, RUNNING, ETC ALL AT FULL SPEED. INJURIES LIKE THE ONES HE HAD ARE NOT AS DANGEROUS AS MIKE WILLIAMS KNEE INJURY. HE'S COMING BACK OK SO FAR. I EXPECT SEARCY TO PLAY ALL YEAR. THE LAST TIME HE PLAYED ALL YEAR (1999) HE MADE THE PRO BOWL. HE'S A PLAYER!

THE THING THAT WILL HELP WADE BECOME A PRO BOWLER MOST (OTHER THAN HIS INCREASING ABILITY) IS THAT HE IS PLAYING NEXT TO A MULTIPLE PRO BOWLER IN SEARCY. SEARCY HAS ALREADY MADE HIS MARK ON THE TEAM AS A LEADER. WADE IS INTENSE AND WILL BE PUSHED BY SEARCY TO DOMINATE ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I THINK HE'LL RISE TO THE OCCASION, AND HAVING RICKY WILLIAMS RUSHING BEHIND THIS OL WILL MAKE THEM ALL LOOK BETTER...JUST LIKE E. SMITH DID IN DALLAS.

Emmitt had a huge dominating line though... I think the line makes the back, not vice versa. Look @ Barry Sanders - the guy had a terrible O-Line for years, but still dominated. Nobody thought his line was anything great though!

It is a combination of both. To have a SPECIAL running game you need a special RB and a very good Oline. Somebody's signature is something along the lines of "we never had a good oline until we drafted that kid, uh, Emmitt Smith" - That was a JJ quote from his Dallas days. I think he knows just a touch more about the subject then most of us.

The 'boys had Erik Williams, Larry Allen, Stepnoski, etc. Those were 3 solid players for years. That's a better line than what the Bills OR Fins have right now! Emmitt was good, but let's give the line some credit here. Not to mention - I don't remember Aikman taking too many big hits in the golden years for the boys.

Not to mention Wade took home multiple rookie of the year offensive linemen honours. That's why last season was such a disappointment for him playing through injury.

Back
Top Bottom