Dolphins Need a Rivalry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Need a Rivalry

And it’s not going to occur so long as the team is a doormat.

We’re not the Ravens’ rivals; we’re a speed bump. Same way the rivalry against the Patriots ended after 2003. There were no longer any stakes because Miami was simply not good enough to contend for anything anymore. At best the Dolphins became a spoiler; at worst, a nuisance.

Ravens look at us as we look at Tennessee or the Browns. There is nothing close to a rivalry there.

I would go with the Bengals. (Nothing to do with living near Cincinnati, lol)

Both are usually battling for second place in their divisions.
Tannehill and Dalton are similar ages have faced each other 3 times
Tannehill with 2-1 edge including dramatic walk off OT win.

Unfortunately it's all we got right now.

I would go with the Bengals. (Nothing to do with living near Cincinnati, lol)

Both are usually battling for second place in their divisions.
Tannehill and Dalton are similar ages have faced each other 3 times
Tannehill with 2-1 edge including dramatic walk off OT win.

Unfortunately it's all we got right now.
If I had to pick a team, I would say the Chargers. We've played every season since 2011 but one. Games have been competitive for the most part. Also could consider the Jags for the in state competition.

If they could take care of business within their own division (like New England, KC, Pittsburgh does) then this would be a topic worth discussing. Until then, they need to prepare for NE, NYJ, and Buffalo as if it was the Super Bowl whenever they show up on the schedule.

I don't know about outside of the division, but within it the Dolphins vs. Jets rivalry used to be a classic. It had all of the boxes checked such as exciting games that were remembered as timeless classics and a bitter, personal hatred between the two teams and fanbases. The thing about rivalries however is that both teams should at least be respectable for anyone to care. We haven't been good enough for awhile now to maintain a place in any rivalry. The Ravens and their fans don't give us a second thought unless they are laughing at us. That's the sad, ugly truth:(

Back
Top Bottom