• Draft a QB but not him

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Don’t even draft a QB

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

dolphinscountry

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is the QB the Dolphins need in this draft. Now, ofcourse the Dolphins wont even look at a QB because they are the Dolphins and their front office is run by a bunch of puppets.. But since i’m not them, i’ll give my case. There is no QB in this draft that wants to win more than Baker Mayfield.. He isn’t the tallest QB, he isn’t the biggest QB, he doesn’t have a huge arm and isn’t a Josh Rosen guy where you can be plugged into any NFL system. But Baker Mayfield just, wants, to win. That is something that NO quarterback on the Miami Dolphins wants to, or cares about doing right now. Don’t tell me Cutler wants to win, he just wants to make his $10M. Don’t tell me Matt Moore is gonna lead you to a Super Bowl, he’s a good backup folks. And Please don’t tell me Ryan Tannehill (who by the next time he steps on a field he’ll be 30 years old and coming off 2 ACL tears in a span of 8 months) is leading us to a Super Bowl let alone a playoff win (which he hasn’t done yet in his 6 years). Isn’t winning it all the main goal for these people in the front office? Is it? Because if it is, you go with Baker Mayfield in this years NFL draft. You can’t just keep going, draft after draft, without finding your franchise QB. The Texans didn’t wait, they found theirs last year in the draft with Deshaun Watson. The Eagles didn’t wait they found there’s by trading up to get Carson Wentz. The Raiders found there’s in Derek Carr. Miami Dolpnins, please, don’t be like the Browns and keep screwing up these draft picks. This draft class is filled with FRANCHISE-CHANGING type players.. And I guarantee you Baker Mayfield is the Dolphins franchise-changing player. I’m not arguing for him to start next year, but PLEASE dolphins, give this guy, give this WINNER a chance.

This organization has struggled identifying quality QBs in the draft. Please tell me why we would get it right now. If we did, it would be absolute dumb luck. I wouldn't hold my breath that it happens my friend.

top 10 is too high for him. I like the kid, but right now where we are picking will be to high. his feet suck, and it will kill him at the next level. if we can sneak back into the first or trade up in the 2nd to get him I all aboard.

but hell even if we do take him early il support the decision, he just wont be ready for awhile.

Mayfield is another Johnny Manziel. His head is not in the right place. See the video of him trying to run away from the cops while drunk.

Wow. This kid must be an idiot. He tries to run from the police, gets tackled, and then can't understand why they tackled him. What a moron.

Baker Mayfield is the QB the Dolphins need in this draft. Now, ofcourse the Dolphins wont even look at a QB because they are the Dolphins and their front office is run by a bunch of puppets.. But since i’m not them, i’ll give my case. There is no QB in this draft that wants to win more than Baker Mayfield.. He isn’t the tallest QB, he isn’t the biggest QB, he doesn’t have a huge arm and isn’t a Josh Rosen guy where you can be plugged into any NFL system. But Baker Mayfield just, wants, to win. That is something that NO quarterback on the Miami Dolphins wants to, or cares about doing right now. Don’t tell me Cutler wants to win, he just wants to make his $10M. Don’t tell me Matt Moore is gonna lead you to a Super Bowl, he’s a good backup folks. And Please don’t tell me Ryan Tannehill (who by the next time he steps on a field he’ll be 30 years old and coming off 2 ACL tears in a span of 8 months) is leading us to a Super Bowl let alone a playoff win (which he hasn’t done yet in his 6 years). Isn’t winning it all the main goal for these people in the front office? Is it? Because if it is, you go with Baker Mayfield in this years NFL draft. You can’t just keep going, draft after draft, without finding your franchise QB. The Texans didn’t wait, they found theirs last year in the draft with Deshaun Watson. The Eagles didn’t wait they found there’s by trading up to get Carson Wentz. The Raiders found there’s in Derek Carr. Miami Dolpnins, please, don’t be like the Browns and keep screwing up these draft picks. This draft class is filled with FRANCHISE-CHANGING type players.. And I guarantee you Baker Mayfield is the Dolphins franchise-changing player. I’m not arguing for him to start next year, but PLEASE dolphins, give this guy, give this WINNER a chance.

Where do I sign up to become the Dolphins QB, because no body wants the phins to win more than me!

Let's not worry about physical skills because they are so damned over rated. Just think of how many threads here will die when we don't have to worry about skills and stats and can just focus on our new QBs x-man like powers to make us winners.

Mayfield is another Johnny Manziel. His head is not in the right place. See the video of him trying to run away from the cops while drunk.

Imagine if photo cameras and social media were around in '84 what we might have seen at some of the parties Marino attended. That seems to have turned out alright

Of all the QBs available, no one has more of the "IT" factor than Mayfield.. He makes good things happen and drafting him, even if we have to trade up, would immediately make the Fins one of the best QB situations in the league. If you had the benefit of hindsight, wanted a QB who could put a team on his back and had the opportunity to draft Russell Wilson in the first round despite his height, I'm sure you would have!

Hopefully Tannehill will come back healthy and take up exactly where he left off, be a good mentor for Mayfield and give him some time to mature more.

Imagine if photo cameras and social media were around in '84 what we might have seen at some of the parties Marino attended. That seems to have turned out alright

Of all the QBs available, no one has more of the "IT" factor than Mayfield.. He makes things good things happen and drafting him, even if we have to trade up, would immediately make the Fins one of the best QB situations in the league. Hopefully Tannehill will come back healthy and take up exactly where he left off, be a good mentor for Mayfield and give him some time to mature more.

Johnny Manziel had a tendency to make things happen too. Means nothing. If you can't handle yourself with composure you probably won't last long in the NFL.

Wow. This kid must be an idiot. He tries to run from the police, gets tackled, and then can't understand why they tackled him. What a moron.

The rap on Marino was that he liked the white powder too much and he did have one of the lower Wonderlich scores.. about 8-10pts lower than the avg QB draftee. Again, how did that work out?

If you do not have a franchise QB, you keep looking if you have the chance. I like Tannehill and think he is a decent QB, but I would not check him into being my franchise guy. This Franchise is not built to carry him to a SB and he is not going to carry this team to a SB.

I wouldn't mind a look, but there are things I dont think. He is only 6-1 and will be 23 by the time next season starts.

But he is tough. He is a gamer. And he has arm talent.

I think he is a second round talent who will be overdrafted because of team success.

Back
Top Bottom