Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall.

FanSince93

Active Roster
Reaction score
Look at this.

And remember when he hit his head on the turf several times in the first few weeks?

We need to teach Tua how to fall properly. Judo teaches you to tuck your chin in and slap the ground with your hands/arms to avoid hitting your head. It becomes second nature.

One time I was on a job site, and I was distracted (my own fault, rarely ever happens). Someone had borrowed one of our smaller ladders and replaced it with a 12 foot ladder. I wasn't paying attention (again, my fault) and I just forgot, and as I was going down the ladder, I thought I had reached the ground, but instead there was still 3 or so more ladder rungs to go. I fell backwards off the ladder, and my judo instincts kicked in and I tucked my chin into my chest, my arms winged out and slapped the ground and my back slammed into the ground but my head did not even graze the concrete floor. I was fine. No injury, not even a bruise on my back. Got right back up, laughed, and went back to work.

Tua needs to learn how to fall. I understand he has a helmet on, but I feel there can be things done to help teach him how to contort his body or avoid injury better. If you look at the tape, he becomes a ragdoll and allows the defender to do whatever they want with him. He should be countering their momentum for his benefit, so he can hit the ground in much safer ways.

I am serious, Mike McDaniels should have the Dolphins put him in Judo classes or something. Teach him the best mechanics of how to fall when a defender is tackling you at different angles.

This might prolong his career and avoid serious injury.

Last edited:
Girl Baby GIF

I agree - and this ain't the first one….it's like he's never been in a street fight as a kid…or fallen off of a bike….he falls so awkwardly - every single time….

This is actually a good idea.

He should be rolling into his falls as much as possible…using his hands and arms as much as possible to soften the fall…

...and NUMBER ONE….Never let your head hit the ground.

Look at this.

And remember when he hit his head on the turf several times in the first few weeks?

We need to teach Tua how to fall properly. Judo teaches you to tuck your chin in and slap the ground with your hands/arms to avoid hitting your head. It becomes second nature.

One time I was on a job site, and I was distracted (my own fault, rarely ever happens). Someone had borrowed one of our smaller ladders and replaced it with a 12 foot ladder. I wasn't paying attention (again, my fault) and I just forgot, and as I was going down the ladder, I thought I had reached the ground, but instead there was still 3 or so more ladder rungs to go. I fell backwards off the ladder, and my judo instincts kicked in and I tucked my chin into my chest, my arms winged out and slapped the ground and my back slammed into the ground but my head did not even graze the concrete floor. I was fine. No injury, not even a bruise on my back. Got right back up, laughed, and went back to work.

Tua needs to learn how to fall. I understand he has a helmet on, but I feel there can be things done to help teach him how to contort his body or avoid injury better. If you look at the tape, he becomes a ragdoll and allows the defender to do whatever they want with him. He should be countering their momentum for his benefit, so he can hit the ground in much safer ways.

I am serious, Mike McDaniels should have the Dolphins put him in Judo classes or something. Teach him the best mechanics of how to fall when a defender is tackling you at different angles.

This might prolong his career and avoid serious injury.

I have a black belt in a martial art. You are 100% correct. I thought exactly the same thing.

As a former state champion martial artist, I agree. Lots of good things can come of the arts. I owe my teachers lots of gratitude. The physical and mental benefits truly help those, who study.

I 100% agree, people hear martial arts, and the 1st thing they think about is fighting, and hurting people, which is absolutely far from reality, if you go to a good school, what you learn is far from just fighting techniques, but instead friendship with people you meed, willpower to finish what you start, belief in yourself, and learning nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it.

In highschool we had an English teacher that was the last person you would associate to martial arts, or being able to fight, but he was a 4t or 5th dan Black Belt, and every year he had an exhibition, and the thing that man could do was nothing less then amazing...especially in weapons.

He made it his job to know those of us in highschool that were trained, and each one of us let us know that he knew Highschool can be tough, and normally fights start that have nothing to do with us starting it, but if he ever heard one of us got into a fight and used any special techniques to hurt the other guy, for one week we would have detention in where the guilty party would have to show him how mighty any of our training was.

Most teachers hate to hear any of their students getting Into fights, yet love hearing how much you have accomplished in sports, in obstacles in our lives.

4237405c453c8de0b22a484e8b5f31fa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom