Dolphins NT Paul Soliai is expected to be in high demand in free agency | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins NT Paul Soliai is expected to be in high demand in free agency

while he has improved a lot and i do like him i dont think we should break the bank for him especially with odrick, merling coming back next year and i think we could go back to starks at NT , with odrick and merling rotating at the ends.

We should think about either franchising him and trading him for a 2nd rounder if its possible

1) Langford is better than Merling and likely better than a healthy Odrick

2) Tony McDaniel has been outstanding this season in his role.

3) We need to keep Soliai. He has done an outstanding job. The DL is and has been the strength of our team under this regime. But, this FO may not have learned from last season the old addage "if it aint broke dont fix it", even though they butchered what was a solid OL this offeseason. So you never know with these morons.

I dont see why we dont keep him and go into next season with a rotation of He, Starks, McDaniel, Langford, Odrick, and Merling. That gives us 6 solid DLmen and hopefully they wont feel the need to draft another cornfed DLman with a 1st round pick.

Its obvious we were fine in that area without Odrick as again this unit was the strength of the team even though he played like 1 game.

while he has improved a lot and i do like him i dont think we should break the bank for him especially with odrick, merling coming back next year and i think we could go back to starks at NT , with odrick and merling rotating at the ends.

We should think about either franchising him and trading him for a 2nd rounder if its possible

if we are going to continue to run a 3-4, Solia's position is far more important than Odrick and Merlings.. Besides, nothing suggests Odrick will even be worth a crap next season, and Merling, well is Merling.

Soliai is a dilema
Has been over weight,with less than ideal work ethic,suspended from games
CONTRACT YEAR HE STARTS TO PLAY WHAT WE EXPECTED ALL ALONG

Which Soliai will we receive with a new contract
The underachiever or the "contract year star"

For the poster that said we should franchise Soliai...is the medication wearing off?

For all the stupid things our FO have done I hope they do the smart thing and get this guy under contract.It could take years to find another real NT so if we're going to stay with the 3-4 he is a must for us.

Ozzy rules!!

if we are going to continue to run a 3-4, Solia's position is far more important than Odrick and Merlings.. Besides, nothing suggests Odrick will even be worth a crap next season, and Merling, well is Merling.

I mean Odrick beat out McDaniel and Merling for the starting DE spot opposite of Langford. That says something. Odrick has talent, hopefully he comes back from the injury. I still think we are in a good position at DLine, especially with so many teams converting to the 3-4. Why try to convert a college 4-3 DT into a 3-4 DE . . . when you can get a guy like Langford or Starks for a 1st or 2nd round price. Both guys are still in their mid 20's. Definitely a good problem to have if you are Miami.

I mean Odrick beat out McDaniel and Merling for the starting DE spot opposite of Langford. That says something. Odrick has talent, hopefully he comes back from the injury. I still think we are in a good position at DLine, especially with so many teams converting to the 3-4. Why try to convert a college 4-3 DT into a 3-4 DE . . . when you can get a guy like Langford or Starks for a 1st or 2nd round price. Both guys are still in their mid 20's. Definitely a good problem to have if you are Miami.

I would rather trade P.Merling to get more draft picks. Odrick has shown some real talent as you stated, how quickly some forget that Odrick has handling J.Long in camp! Starks is the only other DE that has a little pass rush in him, Langford is real solid in run downs, McDaniel is a versatile player for both inside and out which leaves Merling. Merling has a lot of potential which could entice good trade trade value. We played the entire year without both Odrick and Merling so losing one wouldn't hurt as we're gaining another body in Odrick keeping the depth solid.

Paul Soliai is not one of "Sparano's guys". I hope that doesn't hurt his chances of being resigned. He's been in Miami since his rookie year in 2007. It's pretty clear he has improved and he knows the defense. He's still young and can hold his own at NT. They would be foolish not to get this player resigned.

Paul Soliai is not one of "Sparano's guys". I hope that doesn't hurt his chances of being resigned. He's been in Miami since his rookie year in 2007. It's pretty clear he has improved and he knows the defense. He's still young and can hold his own at NT. They would be foolish not to get this player resigned.

Who cares about the "Sparano's guys" philosophy, TS doesn't! They care about talent otherwise PSolai would have been gone a long time ago.

Soliai MUST be resigned. Right now he should be our number 1 priority to get a deal done with.

Starks is a GREAT 3-4 DE, but was just average at NT.

As well as McDaniel has played and as much as I would like to see him play for us next year, he will demand too much money and I doubt he will be resigned.

Going into next year, we will be strong at DL IF we can get Soliai resigned.

Langford, Soliai, and Starks with Merling, Baker, Odrick, and a rookie NT in the mix will make a great DL rotation. DL is definately a strength for this team.

Tag or sign, I don't care either way.

If the Ireland wants ammo to move up and grab Andrew Luck then a young developing NT is a great bargaining chip

Back
Top Bottom