Dolphins Offensive Line Play Isn't Meeting Team's Expectations Through First Week Of Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offensive Line Play Isn't Meeting Team's Expectations Through First Week Of Camp

This is the earliest I've heard something like this at TC from a coach in a while - it doesn't have to target an individual player, but the O-Line's play is unacceptable...and they're saying it plainly.

Good.

Well if it shakes out where Daniel Kilgore grades out 2nd best on our o line in 2019 that makes for one ugly unit.

4th should be his ceiling.

Well, my expectation was - and still is - that this it at least a solid group. I mean, I have a hard time believing that Miami is sooooo bad in identifying Offensive Line talent that we are constantly 30th, 31st, 32nd in the league. It's 32 teams picking I don't know how many Offensive Line players every year and we always end up with the worst of them? Not average, not below average, but ****ing ugly talent level? Every goddamn year? Nah, I don't see it.

Most of our coaches come from a program where they'd pick up a guy from the streets and a week later he was having a solid game. And they did that more than once. And our front office is so bad they don't find a better player in rounds 2 or 3 of the draft for years than that guy from the streets? The players might not be very good but they should at least be solid as a group. If not something's not quite right in Miami and I bet it's not the players. I just don't know what is.

I'll agree this much . . . OL is the position group that depends a lot on a cohesiveness and technical precision. Yes, talent is necessary, but coaching is significant. That said, it wasn't poor coaching that made Turner and Thomas suck. I don't think this year's OL will be 30th or worse, but neither do I think they'll be as good as some predict.

Wouldnt be surprised if the guy actually went out of his way to get fired on purpose... I mean I sure as hell wouldnt want my name associated with the 2019 Dolphins OL... Thats gonna stink on a resume...

Wouldnt be surprised if the guy actually went out of his way to get fired on purpose... I mean I sure as hell wouldnt want my name associated with the 2019 Dolphins OL... Thats gonna stink on a resume...
Yea I get it but no. It doesn't work that way with coaches.

Back
Top Bottom