Dolphins Offer Is This...kreutz Would Mean Cuts... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offer Is This...kreutz Would Mean Cuts...

We're making strides

Originally posted by Canuck
The fact that managment is even entertaining the idea of signing Kreutz for this kinda money speaks volumes about their opinion of Tim Ruddy. Evidently the lack of running lanes inside this past season had more to do with Ruddy than either Guard position. If Kreutz signs, we should find out if that is in fact the case.........

It also speaks volumes about what Rick Speilman brings to the table. It shows vision and aggressiveness, but with equal parts patience and level-headedness.

Rick knows we're built to win now and need a few more pieces, but that we also must continue to re-stock and stay young.

So Rick decides to do what no one else is doing. He sets up shop in Indy and goes after free agents while we're evaluating draftees at the comine. The result is everyone and their mother approching us about their client. We come away with Chester, which solves two problems (DG to end), get close with Kruetz, and make progress with Ricky. Meanwhile, we've established contact with numerous FAs and, perhaps, could have some sidebar deals working in the shadows.

This aggressive approach is what is needed. But at the same time, he still will not shoot his wad for one player like many other GMs do (Al Davis, Jerry Jones, Randy Mueller, etc).

And another thing you notice is that all the FAs we're persuing are YOUNG. Chester is the oldest and he's 26. We're getting younger in the process.

Re: We're making strides

Originally posted by Muck

And another thing you notice is that all the FAs were persuing are YOUNG. Chester is the oldest and he's 26. We're getting younger in the process.

This is great, as long as we don't screw up the cap too much.

That is a great deal for Kruetz, but he's cutting into his honeymoon to make this deal. WOW :eek: Is he frickin nuts??? That could be grounds for future denied access with the new wife. :nono: He BETTER hope we sign him. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by miadphan13
That is a great deal for Kruetz, but he's cutting into his honeymoon to make this deal. WOW :eek: Is he frickin nuts??? That could be grounds for future denied access with the new wife. :nono: He BETTER hope we sign him. :rolleyes:

I don't think there will be any "denied access". If anything, I think there will be INCREASED access, once he becomes the HIGHEST PAID center ever. $25 million seems to have that sort of effect. :D :D

Some of us are above money, believe it or not! :D Go ahead and laugh. :lol: Personally, I'd be PISSED! :mad: What bad timing. :rolleyes:

OK... Here is what the deal is right now on the RW trade talk. Well...after seemingly falling out of love with GREEN out of Boston College...this after seeing him run a slow 4.6 40 at the combime.....old WANNY friend BUTCH DAVIS has decided to raise the ante a bit for RW...and has apparently offered the Saints their 17thor 18th (depending) first round draft choice in this upcoming draft...plus 2 unidentified players that would also be part of the deal. The key here..is that DAVIS has not asked for the Saints to come back and give them one of their draft choices in this years draft. So that is their offer.
The Dolphins have offered the Saints...in what appears to be a final deal...is this. We would give up our FIRST and 4th round draft choices in this years draft...plus a conditional THIRD round pick in 2003 for RW. However...if RW rushes for over 1300 yards...that Third round choice would become a SECOND round pick. And finally...if RW rushes for over 1800 yards...that pick would become a FIRST round pick.. The DOlphins have made it very creative indeed...but will it better than the one that the BROWNS have offered.. This is literally a trade that can go in either teams direction...it all depends on what the Saints think is best for them...the players or the draft choices.

The Dolphins are still scheduled to have in GARRISON HEARST, WARRICK DUNN, and JAMES ALLEN this week..but things could change...we will see.

Former PAts RB--ROBERT EDWARDS will be in for a physical today...and if he passes...I would anticipate the Dolphins giving him a chance....and a low base...incentive contract. Edwards wants to play down here...and has been running and lifting..and appears to be healthy... lots of upside here.

OLIN KREUTZ will indeed be here today....and i wouln't believe he would leave here...without the FIns offering him a huge...7 million signing bonus...with a 4 year deal, multi-million dollar deal. Kreutz is the guy that the Dolphins have wanted in this crop...and I think they want him to sign on before he heads back to Chicago. Expect an offer immediately.

If KREUTZ signs....You may see the end of the contracts of TIM RUDDY as well as TODD PERRY.

LEON SEARCY is headed to WASHINGTON tommorrow....but on THURSDAY....he will be here to meet with the DOlphins. The Dolphins may look at him...as a Guard...instead of RT.

The backup plan if MATT TURK does not sign....is Fa Punter...MITCH BERGER...formerly of the VIKES. Turk is asking for top dollar in punting market...Fins and Jets will be the main players.

Kijana Carter is a long-shot....but he will get a look-see by the Dolphins in the near future. He is a local resident...would like to stay here.

The Dolphins are also interested in bringing in FA reciever PATRICK JOHNSON in to town this week.

And finally....we all know that CHRIS CARTER will also be stopping by today.... of all the news that is going on in Dolphinland....this signing has the least amount of chance of happening. Carter is a Boca Raton resident...but is still looking for a 2 year deal...worth around 3 million dollars. The Dolphins love Carter's work ethic.....however...there just is not enough money to go around.

LARRY CHESTER should be the first FA signing...as he is in town now...and he looks like a real nice fit for the DL. Strong as an ox... And he will be starting next to Bowens. I really like the move of GARDNER to DE... This was a nice move....and regardless of the re-signing of either Mixon or Bromell....they go to the bench..

Marion or Walker....probably one. Fins seem to want Marion more than Walker back. Whoever it is....will be starting with ARTURO FREEMAN. Finally....I really like VICTOR GREEN...if both go to other teams....

Well...other than that....there is really
nothing else going on.....DCH

Tim Ruddy being cut is kind of a given if the 'Fins sign Kreutz. It would be difficult to keep a guy of Ruddy's caliber (I'm sure he can go to about half the teams in this league and start immediately) on the team once you've cut him off at the knees. This is besides the fact that it will save cap room.

As far as Perry's potential for getting cut, I'm not sure he's that big of an impact player that he can't be replace relatively easily.

Anyway, good take, my only complaint is that you don't have any links to back up some of the more speculative thoughts. If they're conjecture on your behalf please qualify them as such, if not, please include a link. Thanks. :)

Still sounds like we are in the lead to me over cleveland.

"The Williams situation is more muddled. Cleveland has re-entered the Williams sweepstakes, but New Orleans was receptive to the Dolphins' latest offer.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Browns are offering this year's first-round pick, No. 16 or 17, and one or more players that the Saints "like," for Williams and the Saints' third-round pick, the 78th.

The Dolphins are offering their first- and fourth-round picks this year, the 25th and 125th, and a conditional third-round pick in 2003 that could escalate to the first round depending on Williams' performance.

The Dolphins would get Williams and New Orleans' third-round pick this year.

Spielman said the Dolphins aren't offering any players to the Saints, and an NFL source said the Saints are adamant they won't give up any picks this year."

From Sun Sentinal

Also:

"One holdup is that Browns coach Butch Davis, who has final say on football matters for his team, has not given the final OK to make the trade.

That led Dwight Clark, the Browns' executive vice president and director of football operations, to give what sounded like a concession speech Monday afternoon.

''I think the Miami deal will ultimately be better than what we're willing to offer,'' said Clark, who added that Davis was unwilling to part with Cleveland's first-round pick unless the Browns get a draft pick from New Orleans"

From
Herald

Clayton reports

on ESPN radio that Kreutz left his honeymoon early to fly to Miami to sign a $7 mil dollar deal. Clayton talked about it as if it were a done deal. Getting a starting Pro Bowl OL is ok w/me. Bye bye Tim.

It's not so long ago...

... that Tim was a pro bowler himself. If he can adjust to playing guard as is suggested in more than one of the current articles, and rediscover his probowl form we could have a formidable OL next season.:cool:

Although this suggests he'd go anyway...

One of the most coveted free agents available, Bears C Olin Kreutz, could be named a member of the Dolphins as early as Tuesday. Kreutz, who was drafted by Dolphins vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman, is reportedly deciding whether to stay with the Bears or join head coach Dave Wannstedt in Miami. Ralph Cindrich, who represents current Dolphins C Tim Ruddy, says it looks "very likely" that Kreutz will be a Fin by midweek. As for Ruddy, the veteran feels confident he will draw interest should he hit the open market, which is a certainty if Kreutz joins the Dolphins. "There are a couple of good fits out there," Cindrich said. Kreutz’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, said his client has not been to Miami but will go there this week.

from ProFootballWeekly:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/content/features/features_set.asp?main=freeagentnews.asp

Re: It's not so long ago...

Originally posted by GazPhin
If he can adjust to playing guard
and take a pay but to do so or be cut

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
The backup plan if MATT TURK does not sign....is Fa Punter...MITCH BERGER...formerly of the VIKES. Turk is asking for top dollar in punting market...Fins and Jets will be the main players.
supposedly we offered Turk a 1 year deal:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/2792897.htm

Punter Matt Turk said the Dolphins have offered him a one-year contract and that he is hoping to get a long-term offer from another team.

Back
Top Bottom