Dolphins Offer Is This...kreutz Would Mean Cuts... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offer Is This...kreutz Would Mean Cuts...

i get where you are comin from 84 but we dont have a good offense* we have a good defense.

as of right now, that should change come friday.

Before Chester's signing we are between 4.5 and 5.5 mill under the cap. There is plenty of dead wood to get rid of plus with his signing bonous his base salary will prob. be around $500,00 and the pro rated potion to make it a 2 mil. cap hit ,minus ruddy 1.5 it'll be a 500,00 cap hit for this year. PLenty for Ricky some others and Rookies. And we'll make more room when we drop JJJ.

I'd hate to the the Dolphins give ol Time Ruddy the Axe, I hope they convert him to an OG or something, release some of the crappy players, Todd Perry and such

Shifting Ruddy to OG is a possibility. I really hate to lose Kenny Mixon; he's meeting with the Vikings.

Originally posted by ac_lanham
I'd hate to the the Dolphins give ol Time Ruddy the Axe, I hope they convert him to an OG or something, release some of the crappy players, Todd Perry and such
Ruddy is real smart player, but I do not see him as physical and strong enough to be great OG, though he s/b as good as Todd Perry

NEWS: Chester signed today.

This thing with Ruddy is likely to spark a lot of debate. Guards have to be not only strong, but quick.

I just hope that they don't cut him outright. At least get something for him (draft pick perhaps)

Originally posted by Miamian
I just hope that they don't cut him outright. At least get something for him (draft pick perhaps)
not a capologist, but I wonder if we will have cut some players to make run for Kreutz. Depends a lot on how his contract is structured and whether it is backloaded like Jay's and TimBo's

Mark Dixon said after breaking his leg last season he might retire. The only other quality offensive lineman is Todd Wade. Cap space might inevitably become available.

Cutting Ruddy...

... won't save much against the cap unless it is done after June 1. He can't be traded without hitting the cap hard either.

(I can't remember which of the items on the subject had this cap detail in it (possibly at the Herald) but he's schedule to cost $2.5M this season and would cost $2.4 in any other event than a cut after Jun 1. That would be harsh).

Back
Top Bottom