Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought

5th huh...well we got a good chance at being #1 at something...finally!

Jets aren’t better. No real skill players or QB.

Better hope they don't hit one a first round qb because if you list out the Dolphins skill players and qb you aren't doing much better

Lol the last playoff game the south florida market saw was Marino's last win in 1999. The 2000 game was blacked out.

I remember that game clearly... My brothers and I were forced to "watch" the game on the NFL.com game tracker while listening to streaming radio broadcast of the game. We all burst into cheers when the pixelated football shot across the field into the endzone as Maddog screamed "Alright Miami!" as Lamar Smith ran across the goal line to deliver the victory...

And then the Raiders smashed Smith's worn out carcass the following week, and that was that.

Fans of this franchise tend to hide behind the undefeated season and general success of the Shula and Marino eras, obfuscating the truly pathetic state of this franchise for the past two decades. We are a laughingstock and embarrassment, and while we like to compare ourselves to perennially great franchises, we don’t belong..

The Shula Marino era kills me. People are nostalgic for an era of monumental failure.

The Shula Marino era kills me. People are nostalgic for an era of monumental failure.
That era of monumental failure was about a million and a half times better than what’s come after and a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

Fans of this franchise tend to hide behind the undefeated season and general success of the Shula and Marino eras, obfuscating the truly pathetic state of this franchise for the past two decades. We are a laughingstock and embarrassment, and while we like to compare ourselves to perennially great franchises, we don’t belong..

The last 20 years or so have been pathetic. Before that, Miami easily ranked in the top five teams in the NFL.

If you did a formula based on wins, super bowl appearances, super bowl wins, playoff appearances etc. I think New England would now be the top franchise. That is hard to admit. The Patriots, at one point, were a laughing stock.

The last 20 years or so have been pathetic. Before that, Miami easily ranked in the top five teams in the NFL.

If you did a formula based on wins, super bowl appearances, super bowl wins, playoff appearances etc. I think New England would now be the top franchise. That is hard to admit. The Patriots, at one point, were a laughing stock.
If it weren’t for 20 years of crap Miami would be the Mount Rushmore of the nfl along with San Francisco, Pittsburgh and Dallas. Now it’s New England instead fo

Miami has been consistently one of the worse overall teams in the 21st century. On that list, at least Oakland went to the Superbowl that year and Tampa won it and the Rams went in 2001 and won a few years before that too. You could argue, we're the second worst overall (after the Browns) and maybe tied with Buffalo for worst teams of the 21st century. It sucks, but it's hard to find teams that have had less success than us.

We were at the top of the list for win percentage of all NFL teams back in the 1990's

After 20 years of crap we are still 4th best behind Dallas, Green Bay and Chicago and tied with New England.
Soon to loose that spot.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/
The fact that Miami is currently tied with the Patriots reveals just how bad NE was for so many years. They’ve already got more wins than the Dolphins do, but also more losses, thus the same winning percentage— for now anyway.

Conversely, the fact that Miami is still tied for fourth after the last 15 years shows just how good they were in the pre-2004 era.

Oh god is this true?...that just hurts my essence.
Houston has 1 12 win season, 4 playoff appearances, 4 division titles, 6 winning seasons, 3 playoff wins compared to 0 12 win seasons,2 playoff appearances, 1 division title, 5 winning seasons, and 0 playoff wins for Miami since 2002

Back
Top Bottom