Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought

Nothing is more fun than the perennial kick in the balls of wasting another season with one of the greatest QBs of all time.
Shula/Marino went to the Super Bowl, you know. And two additional conference championships. I know that doesn’t beat the thrill of no playoff wins in almost 20 years and football irrelevance since 2003, but what does? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shula/Marino went to the Super Bowl, you know. And two additional conference championships. I know that doesn’t beat the thrill of no playoff wins in almost 20 years and football irrelevance since 2003, but what does? :rolleyes:

Go watch Dan Marino's NFL Films documentary and see how thrilling it is for him to be known as possibly the best football player to never win a title. As frustrating as these 20 years have been it doesn't feel like we've wasted many opportunities beyond a couple of years. We had the best QB in the NFL for 13 years and have nothing to show for it. That burns more than anything that has happened the last 20 years.

Maybe Don Shula can open a steakhouse called a Shula's Super Bowl runner up?

Go watch Dan Marino's NFL Films documentary and see how thrilling it is for him to be known as possibly the best football player to never win a title. As frustrating as these 20 years have been it doesn't feel like we've wasted many opportunities beyond a couple of years. We had the best QB in the NFL for 13 years and have nothing to show for it. That burns more than anything that has happened the last 20 years.
I’d rather get to the Super Bowl (and conference championship) and lose instead of being the perennial doormat this franchise has become since 2004.

I’ve been a fan since 1981. Nothing you say is going to convince me that the Shula/Marino years were bad, much less that they were worse than the current joke of a franchise that now bears the Dolphins name. I was there then and I’ve had the extreme displeasure of witnessing a once proud franchise drive off a cliff and burst into flames.

The fact that there are any Dolphins fans younger than about 25 is a major miracle. You have to be college age to even have the vaguest memory of the Dolphins winning a playoff game.

Maybe Don Shula can open a steakhouse called a Shula's Super Bowl runner up?

Maybe he can open Training Service on how to score points in the NFL. Since he left we haven't been able to.

17 of his 26 years we were in the top 10 in scoring offense. Since then 1 time in 22 years. Damn I miss the Shula led Dolphins.

I’d rather get to the Super Bowl (and conference championship) and lose instead of being the perennial doormat this franchise has become since 2004.

I’ve been a fan since 1981. Nothing you say is going to convince me that the Shula/Marino years were bad, much less that they were worse than the current joke of a franchise that now bears the Dolphins name. I was there then and I’ve had the extreme displeasure of witnessing a once proud franchise drive off a cliff and burst into flames.

The fact that there are any Dolphins fans younger than about 25 is a major miracle. You have to be college age to even have the vaguest memory of the Dolphins winning a playoff game.

Never said they were bad. Just that they were a colossal failure. Given who was the coach and who was the qb i'm not sure how you could disagree.

Maybe he can open Training Service on how to score points in the NFL. Since he left we haven't been able to.

17 of his 26 years we were in the top 10 in scoring offense. Since then 1 time in 22 years. Damn I miss the Shula led Dolphins.

Was that more Marino or Shula?

7 of those 17 top scoring offenses came with no Dan Marino. Some of it was Marino.

I feel sorry for some of you pups. I was around for the glory years and truly hope the rebound is soon so you guys can experience the same thrill that was the 70's Dolphins.

The Browns should have an asterisk on that list. The 1994 Browns are currently the Ravens. The Browns today didn't exist in 1994.

Back
Top Bottom