Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race.

What I'm saying is that he has delivered less than stellar coaches (Jury still out on McDaniel) and produced less than stellar results under his tenure. Not to mention his integrity, which I will leave alone.

And yet....somehow....Bruce Beal was set to become the owner after Ross died.

This isnt Griffin's first attempt to acquire sports franchises. Guy is a gutter snake and glad he is nowhere near this franchise.

Collaborate Planet Of The Apes GIF

Anybody bitching about Ross keeping it in the family needs to look no further than what is going on with Tepper in Carolina. Throwing drinks on opposing team's fans, meddling with coaches and draft picks (you can't tell me Frank Reich didn't want Stroud), and now stopping in at a diner to show his ass because he didn't like what the owner had to say about him on a roadside sign, that dude is going to end up making Dan Snyder look like a saint. Ross has his warts, but he wants this team to win as badly as even the most rabid fan amongst us and he puts his money where his mouth is. He's learned his lesson, paid his penance, usually the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Chiefs and Steelers have done wonders by keeping it in the family.

Micheal Jordan used to be the owner of the Charlotte Hornets and he was terrible owner. Great player (GOAT) but a penny pinching owner, he didn't spend much money on his staff or facilities now you can't say that about Ross. The guy just wants to win he doesn't need 10 billion he's already rich enough.

Dolphins valued at 5.7 billion.

Way more. Commanders were just bought for 6 billion. Miami’s yearly revenue is 600 million while commanders is 545 million. Considering current state of each franchise, Miami is atleast a contender while commanders are years away atleast. Not to mention I’d imagine owning a team in beautiful sunny Miami far outweighs Washington, Maryland…

The name Hard Rock I find odd.

Hard Rock-'n'-roll?

Most rocks I have thrown have been pretty hard.

Never heard of Soft Rocks. Soft rock-'n'-roll I guess exists. Ozzy ever do Soft Rock @Danny ?

I have been in their cafes and hotels and don't remember hard rock blaring out of speakers.

Oh well could be worse. Stephen Ross Stadium.

10 billion huh? How much is the minority share of buffalo bring flogged for? Maybe Ross can buy them and just close it all down.

Way more. Commanders were just bought for 6 billion. Miami’s yearly revenue is 600 million while commanders is 545 million. Considering current state of each franchise, Miami is atleast a contender while commanders are years away atleast. Not to mention I’d imagine owning a team in beautiful sunny Miami far outweighs Washington, Maryland…

Commanders sale was for the entire franchise. Ross owns something less than 100% of the Dolphins, but I'm not sure how much less. In any event, Ross supposedly has an internal valuation for the team of about $6M, so about what the Commanders sold for.

Dude has billions already and is in his 80's. What's another 10 billion going to do for him?

IMO for some of these guys, especially Jerry Jones, it's more about being an owner(and GM) of some of the most valuable franchises in the world than money at this point.

Commanders sale was for the entire franchise. Ross owns something less than 100% of the Dolphins, but I'm not sure how much less. In any event, Ross supposedly has an internal valuation for the team of about $6M, so about what the Commanders sold for.

Original comment was based on Miami’s overall value, not what Ross owns. Ross owns 95% though which alone is probably worth more than 6 billion especially at current growth of NFL. Talk of adding an 18th game which will further increase all teams prices. It’s not a good time to sell as the nfl is growing at a rate it’s never grown before. I imagine every franchise will increase 10%+ in the next upcoming years.

Dude has billions already and is in his 80's. What's another 10 billion going to do for him?

IMO for some of these guys, especially Jerry Jones, it's more about being an owner(and GM) of some of the most valuable franchises in the world than money at this point.

You don’t lose in sports franchise’s especially nfl ones. He bought for 1 billion in 2009 and less than 15 years it 6x’d while the nfl just signed a ton of new streaming deals, revenue is growing at a crazy rate and there’s talk about adding an 18th regular season game further increasing profits. Why sell when in another 5-10 years it’ll probably be worth another 4 billion for his kids.

Back
Top Bottom