Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race.

Ken Griffin is a carpet bagging POS from Chicago. His firm citadel purposely shorts stocks of businesses that might be on the ropes to drive them into bankruptcy like AMC and GMC. Then when they are in bankruptcy they do not have to pay the shorting anymore. I might quit rooting for the fins if he ever bought them

Ken Griffin is a carpet bagging POS from Chicago. His firm citadel purposely shorts stocks of businesses that might be on the ropes to drive them into bankruptcy like AMC and GMC. Then when they are in bankruptcy they do not have to pay the shorting anymore. I might quit rooting for the fins if he ever bought them
Man I always thought AMC went broke because they made awful cars?

Original comment was based on Miami’s overall value, not what Ross owns. Ross owns 95% though which alone is probably worth more than 6 billion especially at current growth of NFL. Talk of adding an 18th game which will further increase all teams prices. It’s not a good time to sell as the nfl is growing at a rate it’s never grown before. I imagine every franchise will increase 10%+ in the next upcoming years.

I'm not sure that 95% is accurate. I believe he bought 95% and then sold off one percent pieces to various celebs. But in any event, it has been reported that a Ross spokesperson has said they internally value the team at $6 million. Adding games and future anticipated growth would already be accounted for by any savvy businessperson and pretty much anyone with the coin to buy an NFL would qualify as a savvy businessperson (with rare exceptions).

I'm not sure that 95% is accurate. I believe he bought 95% and then sold off one percent pieces to various celebs. But in any event, it has been reported that a Ross spokesperson has said they internally value the team at $6 million. Adding games and future anticipated growth would already be accounted for by any savvy businessperson and pretty much anyone with the coin to buy an NFL would qualify as a savvy businessperson (with rare exceptions).
Billion.

Good for Ross
He doesn’t need the money, he doesn’t want the money. He wants the Dolphins.
Like him or dislike him he’s put his money where his mouth is on the stadium, practice facility etc.
He wants the team to be successful even if he went about it in a strange (rule breaking) way.

Last edited:
Good for Ross
He doesn’t need the money, he doesn’t want the money. He wants the Dolphins.
Like him or dislike him he’s put his money where his mouth is on the stadium, practice facility etc.
He wants the team to be successful even if he went about it in a strange (illegal) way.
Was he charged with a crime? 😂

Glad it’s staying with Ross and the Ross family. He has spent generously on huge player acquisitions, on stadium renovations and anything the dolphins have needed. He has never meddled except for the Brady tampering, but he just wants to win and I can overlook the mistakes.

Glad it’s staying with Ross and the Ross family. He has spent generously on huge player acquisitions, on stadium renovations and anything the dolphins have needed. He has never meddled except for the Brady tampering, but he just wants to win and I can overlook the mistakes.
Next time you speak with your granddaddy can you ask him if I can borrow a little $ to help finish my house? 😂

I have a lot of personal experience overlooking my mistakes - few as they have been. - LOL

What is different to most other NFL teams is that Stephen Ross owns the stadium (Kraft owns Gillette Stadium in Foxboro). Ross saw the huge parking lots surrounding a terrible aging stadium (rebuilt it on budget) and turned some of that land into a top Formula 1 racetrack and the tennis courts for the Miami Open. While he sometimes gets knocked here on FH, he's a brilliant developer with the imagination to see the broader opportunities and has created perhaps one the top multi sports facilities in the US (maybe the world) and he did it without government funding.

Back
Top Bottom