Dolphins-Packers Preview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins-Packers Preview

Huh? The phins are better?? Lets checkout a few facts, 1) the phins pass defense gives up 231.9 yards per - Packers 195.3. 2) The phins have 11 ints - Packers 12 3) Miami has 32 pass defenses - The Pack 42.

hey otto, take off the rose colored glasses for a moment... if you seriously thing that your Db's are better than Madison and Surtain than you must not realise that they are the best CB duo in the NFL, add in a pro-bowl safety and Miami definately has better DB's. Your stats lie just a bit because most of those numbers that get put on miami passing the ball come underneath. Miami leads the NFL in fewest passes over 20 yards allowed... Miami DB's don't have fewer INT's because they arent as good, they have fewer because people throw at them less than they do any other DB's in the NFL. (our LB's get thrown on quite a bit however.)

The Phinz DB's are Easily better.

Again huh? zach has 64 tackles 0.5 sacks, greenwood 27 and 0, rodgers 20 and 1. The Packers Wayne 53 tackles with 1 sack and 1 FF with 1 INT, Hardy 37 tackles, Diggs 35 tackles with 3 sacks.

Okay, lets get some real numbers here for a moment shall we? (source www.nfl.com ) Zach has 44 Tackles, .5 sacks; Rodgers has 19 tackles, 2 INT's; Greenwood has 19 Tackles. The lack of sacks come from the fact that Miami Blitzes less often than any Defense in the NFL.
Wayne has 33 Tackles a INT and a sack, Nickerson has 22 tackles, and Diggs has 24 Tackles...

So looking at the totals

Miami LB's: 82 Tackles and lead the NFL in Passes defensed
G.B. LB's: 79 Tackles and 4 sacks

Advantage: Miami

What? Your run defense benefits from your porous pass defense. The bills didn't have much trouble last week.

Pourus Pass Defense? Really? That would explain why Miami is top 5 in the NFL in Opposing QB's QB-rating, thats why we just held Bledsoe to 23 points under his average and under 50% completions for the first time this year, because our Pass defense sucks right?

Thats why Miami is holding opponents to 3.7 yards per carry and Green Bay is holding them to a paltry 4.7 yards per carry

Advantage: Miami... Big time.

Sherman is 27-12 has a head coach. Wanny?

Wanny is 27-12 with Miami... and doesn't having Favre make a Coaches job so much easier.. for proof, just look at how well Holmgreen has done without Brett.

Advantage: Even (I'll give Sherman benefit of the doubt for the moment otherwise the Phins would have this edge as well.)

Scary. Randy leads the phins with 24 for 327, 13.6 ave, 36 yard long and 4 TD's. The Packers are led by Driver with 32 for 527, 16.5 ave, 85 long and 5 TD's. If Favre makes better WR's randy might be considered good if he played for the Pack. He doesn't.

So your saying that Randy isn't good? he has twice as many yards as YOUR TE and 1 more TD than your TE. and he has done it on the Same number of receptions. Plaus Miami runs a power Offense, they don't pass as often as GB does and when they do the spread the ball around more evenly than GB does.

TE Advantage: Miami (Big)

WR Advantage: Green Bay (slightly... at least until carter get's more familiar with the Offense)

Not to mention Favre is 70-12 at home.

Not to mention that Miami is 9-1 against Green bay.

Packers 27-10. Don't bother staying up late to see the whole game.

Only if Lucas starts slinging INT's by the basketfulls again. Otherwise this one is a close game right to the end.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Nice comeback, Barb.

Thanks... it's a shame because all theese other packer fans have been so cool and.. well, I'm not going to get into it. ;)

I with hold any judegment on our defense from last week because they were on the feild for way to long against Buffalo due to Ray's 6 turn overs. Henry picked up the majority of his yards in the 4th after 2-3 turn overs in row. Our defense looked great at the beginning of the game, but got worse with every break down Ray had.

Originally posted by breckenridge55

You want numbers? 9-1, that's Miami's record all-time vs. Green Bay. Their are numbers for you.

An enviable record to be sure. For the sake of argument though, what does that have to do with the current teams? Many of the players that played in the majority of those games '71 to '91 are either 'paying their debt to society' or are dead. Granted, it is a 'fun' figure and I'd be clubbing you over the head with it too if the roles were reversed. :p How's about this one? The Packers have won 12 NFL Championships - the most in history - therefore, the Pack will win on Monday. Pretzl logic to be sure, but every bit as legit as the 9-1 figure. You know that Brett has never lost a game where the temps are 36 degrees or colder? Ask the Tampa fans who just go through the roof when they had to come up to Green Bay in fall. Ok, enough digging...sorry...couldn't resist. :D

Just a word about our DB's ... don't discount them. Sharper is, well, Sharper. He's come into his own after an extremely dubious start. Former Pro-Bowler ... young ... your QB would do well to not test him.

Mike McKenzie ... in my estimation, the better of our two corners. Offensive Co-ordinators around the league like to 'test' him ... and will have a short-term modicum of success 'in front'. THEN, he'll burn 'em. This guy WILL be ALL-PRO soon. One bad hair-do, but with Ricky Williams on your roster, you know as well as I do that you can't judge a man by his dredlocks.

Tyrone Williams ... good cover guy. The only thing keeping him out of the Pro-bowl is his disdain for tackling. You'd want to test him before you'd test McKenzie or Sharper. If Ricky Willliams is running at him with a full head of steam, Tyrone would probably try to tackle him with the strap from his purse...the guy doesn't like contact.

Rookie, ? Anderson out of UCLA - can't even remember his first name (ageing sucks) ... here is the point of vulnerability and he'd been named Rookie Defensive player of the week on consecutive weeks. Kid is around the ball all the time. Double digit tackles, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and interceptions -- he is deceiving in stature, looks really small -- but is as tall as LeRoy Butler and a bit heavier...AND faster. LeRoy was never a guy that would lay a de-cleating tackle on anyone ... this little guy is not afraid to paste you in the open field.

Gotta tell ya guys, these two teams match up very well. If Clifton (our injured left tackle) doesn't play -- and last I've heard, he hasn't been practicing, your 'D' line could have some success. It is going to be a good game played by two good teams -- provided the referees don't take the game over as has been the case around the league lately. Tell me that Triplett's crew is in St. Louis...please tell me this....lie to me if necessary.

Opposing QB's complete barely over 50% of their passes against our secondary and have a QB rating around 63 points.

Anyone care to post what Maimi's record is?

Stats can't mean too much all the time. So I rarely lean on them or use them.
What I mean is this. Just because Lucas gave the ball up 6 times last game (which is a stat) doesn't mean he will do the same this game. Every game is different.

Green Bay has played:
Alanta 4-3
New Orleans 6-2
Detroit 2-5
Carolina 3-5
Chicago 2-5
New England 3-4
Washington 3-4
Equals 23-28

Miami has played:
Detroit 2-5
Indianapolis 4-3
NY Jets 2-5
Kansas City 4-4
New England 3-4
Denver 6-2
Buffalo 5-3
Equals 26-26

My math skills may need some work, but those records of opposing teams look pretty close. I think that reveals what everyone has been saying all along, and that is this should be a good game as long as neither team screw up badly like we did last game. :goof:

I dont care about stats in this game. i think these two teams are very even minus Favre. some spots go miami's way but the home field for GB is huge here on MNF. the only thing that will win this game for us IMO is if we bring the heat succesfully against Favre. i think we should be bringing up our safeties right at the right time to stick ahman green. take the TE's out of the game. but that is tricky cus GB's TE's have the ability to go deep over the middle. Everything that a GB team would do offensively, we should mirror cus we have the same talent if not more with CC2(how will carter be?). i am very interested with desmond clark. i want to see a couple of plays go his way. i want to see a more conservative game here becuase if GB gets push like buffalo did, that will spell another defeat for lucas. lucas really was not totally to blame for that loss in hindsight. if a rookie like edwards in buffalo is reaking havoc on us like he did, we got Oline probs again. i think they will respond this time but i think ray needs to tuck the ball and run more and take the sack when neccesary. what i can see in this game mirrors the denver game. we keep sticking around on a lower scoring fest to break it open with some big plays defesively and make farve win the game again. i think our offense will do better against GB than against DEnver though so i think as long as we dont turn the ball over, we can control this game. then the only question would be to stop favre in the fourth Q at the end. stats will be irrellevent at that point except one. red zone defense. i think we have done well there this year. could be another one like denver/Indy games

[
Just a word about our DB's ... don't discount them. Sharper is, well, Sharper. He's come into his own after an extremely dubious start. Former Pro-Bowler ... young ... your QB would do well to not test him.

i wouldnt discount them at all. you have major advantages here. weather, crowd, ray lucas, chris carter in a new offense. that is the thing that evens it up. but i will say this, what running back have you faced in comparison to ricky williams? and how many times did those RB's get over a 100 yards on you? duece mcccalister is the only one i can think of and they beat you. handily.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Nice comeback, Barb.

Yeah, nice. You know I would of posted that if I had 5 hours of spare time to look all that crap up. But since you wasted 5 hours of your life, and not mine, all is good, lol. Just playing. Anyways, thanks for that information, it makes SOMEBODY look a little dumb. Besides, we'll see on Monday how bad my preview is according to otto. From the way he sees things, we suck major ass and are lucky to be ranked higher than the Bengals in power rankings. We'll see if we're that bad on Monday Night (but with Lucas at QB, I guess anything is possible, let's just hope we don't get the Bengals jinx)

Nah, it didn't take 5 hours... if you know the right places to look you can get all that information very quickly. :) That post took me about 20 minutes to look up the info and write it all out. :D

Originally posted by breckenridge55 [/i

You want numbers? 9-1, that's Miami's record all-time vs. Green Bay. Their are numbers for you.

This stat is bogus. 10 games over 30 years have no bearing on this MNF game or any other for the next 30 years.
Another useless stat then: Dave W.'s record vs Pack as HC 2-11.

Back
Top Bottom