Dolphins-Packers Preview | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins-Packers Preview

Originally posted by fishnbadger
Originally posted by breckenridge55 [/i

You want numbers? 9-1, that's Miami's record all-time vs. Green Bay. Their are numbers for you.

This stat is bogus. 10 games over 30 years have no bearing on this MNF game or any other for the next 30 years.
Another useless stat then: Dave W.'s record vs Pack as HC 2-11.

Well, how about more recent then, Wanny's record against Green Bay as Miami's Head Coach... 1 - 0.

Perfect.

Originally posted by finfan54

but i will say this, what running back have you faced in comparison to ricky williams? and how many times did those RB's get over a 100 yards on you? duece mcccalister is the only one i can think of and they beat you. handily.

I'll have to concede that you. I'll also concede that, like last year, the Pack's run defense has been porous -- at best -- and the Saints did embarrass Green Bay. That game more than any other, I believe served notice to the Pack that their 12-4 record from last year wasn't going to impress nor intimidate anyone. The first four regular season games were an eye opener for Packer fans everywhere...and I believe an eye opener for the Coaching staff as well.

Green Bay's best bet it is to scheme Ricky Williams out of the picture. That alone won't solve the problems that the Dolphins present to a defensive front (line and backers) that I believe is 'average' at best. The 'Phins coaching staff will have given Lucas sedatives and the kid will be 'on' this week. They'll concentrate on out routes allowing him to get the ball off quickly on high percentage passes. If they don't screen a lot, they should....but to Tyrone Williams side. Quickies over the middle to the tight end will also work...Hardy's feet grow roots. If the 'Phins try to dominate via the run ... it'll be hard for them to pull it off over 4 quarters in my opinion.

Still, the Pack can give Williams his yardage (the guy is going to get it one way or the other) as long as he's not allowed a 'game breaker'. He won't do well up the middle, but our ends have a knack for over pursuing and not containing. Those lanes, on and off tackle have been a real Achilles heel in my estimation.

I still believe that this is a "pick 'em" type game.

Back
Top Bottom