Dolphins part ways with DL coach Marion Hobby | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins part ways with DL coach Marion Hobby

Wonder if Flo is talking to Matt Patricia. Would be a fantastic hire to run the D and would probably need to be Assoc Head Coach
Based on what was coming out of Detroit after he was fired in my opinion he should not be the assoc. head coach. His attitude was wrong from the start there and it's not surprising that he failed as a HC.

It’s one of the many things I like about Flores/Grier.
Nothing is cast in stone, can the organisation do better? Analyse every position from the FO, the back room, the playing and coaching staff. Spot a weak spot? Area to improve? Deal with it.
Support and improve the components you want to keep, replace the rest.
I also like the timing. Make the decision quick and move on . No wishy washy.
Give them plenty of time to search and evaluate.

Well teams raided our coaching staff after a 5-11 2019 season, what did we expect to happen if we went 10-6?

Gailey gone, Hobby gone, and now there is talk that Brown and Marshall might be gone. Remember when Flores said he expected all his assistants back? Quite a 48 hours since that statement.
What do you want him to say. Yea I plan on losing coaches? It was one day after their last game.

New Orleans can run because they have Alvin Kamara who is elite and then some. Draft Harris and watch our line get praise about how great they are at run blocking. A great back makes all the difference. We need a back the defenses worry about, that is Gaskin and Co.

Based on what was coming out of Detroit after he was fired in my opinion he should not be the assoc. head coach. His attitude was wrong from the start there and it's not surprising that he failed as a HC.
Being a great D coordinator doesn’t necessarily make you a great coach. Would love to have him even just for a year or two

Well teams raided our coaching staff after a 5-11 2019 season, what did we expect to happen if we went 10-6?
I'm not sure "raided" is accurate.

Graham left of his own volition, reportedly because of family issues. O'Shea was fired, and ended up taking a WR coach position, with a bad team.

Hobby was one of our best coaches. IMHO, he is going to be difficult to replace. Fortunately it is coming at a time where our defense is having a fantastic run, and the back end is stacked with Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, plus one pass rusher in Emmanuel Ogbah. Also, we have draft picks and are likely to infuse talent into the pass rush. This all makes the Miami job--not the worst weather--a pretty attractive job right now. I am very glad he didn't leave after last season ... he would have been almost impossible to replace then.

Best of luck to Marion Hobby. Thank you for your time at the Dolphins, and we really appreciate what you helped us build. I'm sure he will have great success wherever he decides to go.

New Orleans can run because they have Alvin Kamara who is elite and then some. Draft Harris and watch our line get praise about how great they are at run blocking. A great back makes all the difference. We need a back the defenses worry about, that is Gaskin and Co.

You mean draft Trey Sermon! :hclap:

hmm, wonder why?

One reason would be the fact that Hobby coached Wilkins and Shaq Lawson at Clemson but neither took their game to the next level in the pros so far. Even though it is clear these guys have talent.

Being a great D coordinator doesn’t necessarily make you a great coach. Would love to have him even just for a year or two
It's his attitude that's the issue, I don't think he's a good fit in Miami because of his attitude based on what I read from players and ex-players. Also Miami has a DC that lead a top ten scoring defense.

Back
Top Bottom