Dolphins place tender on Tyler Thigpen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins place tender on Tyler Thigpen

wow. second round tender means they don't want him to leave and he'll be making more than Henne next season. He may be the starter after all.

It's obvious Thigpen looks better coming off the bench, teams haven't prepped for his mobility. Give a team 3 days they have him nailed. And you really think the OLine didn't protect him? Thigpen never gave them the chance . . . he has no idea how to step up in the pocket and beat the blitz. He is a running QB . . . tendering him means nothing, we can cut him just as easily and it makes sense to keep the guy who has been around the team with a lockout zooming in.

Did you watch the Bears game? Nevermind, clearly you did not.
Did you watch Thiggy take a single snap while in KC? Nevermind, you clearly did not.

He has shown plenty of times that he can step up in the pocket. Anyone who's watched him play knows this. With few 1st team snaps, a pitiful gameplan and a pi** poor O-line, an athletic QB is going to fall back on instincts. His athleticism almost demands that under the aformentioned circumstances he run for his life. I don't blame the kid.

I'm no Thiggy fanatic but I'm not so sure he can't start in this league just yet either.

Waitaminute... So if we sign him now he costs us a 2nd round pick? Am I understanding that right?

ive said it several times; look at his stats in college and at KC. Not bad at all..especially at KC, where he had no team around him.

I guarantee if Thigpen walked, he would go to the Patriots or Jets. Especially Pats, who looooove to take our players and pick at them.

Oh ya and do remember when Thigpen played against the Steelers in the finale a few years back; my friend whos a Redskins fan said that he wanted to take Thigpen from us so bad after watching him play.

im a bit confused. We have Henne, Thigpen, Pennington...yet we may sign or draft a QB? Leaving us with 4....

Sooo, who do we get rid of? Cant ditch Henne, hes the only real starter. Cant ditch Pennington, hes a veteran whos real good when healthy...if hes healthy lol. Cant really ditch Thigpen either...hes got too much potential and is a needed backup in case Henne goes down (Pennington wont stay healthy much). If we draft a QB, its no different...you cant leave a rookie to backup Henne right away. But I guess if we signed a Kolb or Orton, then we could ditch Pennington or Thigpen.

Did you watch the Bears game? Nevermind, clearly you did not.
Did you watch Thiggy take a single snap while in KC? Nevermind, you clearly did not.

He has shown plenty of times that he can step up in the pocket. Anyone who's watched him play knows this. With few 1st team snaps, a pitiful gameplan and a pi** poor O-line, an athletic QB is going to fall back on instincts. His athleticism almost demands that under the aformentioned circumstances he run for his life. I don't blame the kid.

I'm no Thiggy fanatic but I'm not so sure he can't start in this league just yet either.

Yea, I was falling a sleep just like half of the stadium was. And what kind of "broad" statement is that . . . I watched the KC/Miami game so obviously I saw him play in 2008.

Thigpen is even less consistent than Henne . . . I mean really it is borderline pointless to even talk about something so obvious. Keep giving Thiggy the crutches . . . as bad as Henne is at times, you really think they wouldn't pull him for Thigpen if Thigpen was capable? Of course they would. They had every reason in the world to let Thigpen ride out the rest of those games while Henne was recovring from the knee injury and I tell you, they were probably more than tempted to put Henne in the game as the #3 QB vs. Chicago . . . that is HOW BAD Thigpen was. The rushed Chad back out there the next week not giving a second thought to Thigpen.

People can keep riding those AFC West stat padders in 2008 and his nice 18 TD and 12 INT season . . . 1-11 and 54 % completion rate says more than enough when it comes to stats. Thigpen just misses sometimes . . . if he was any kind of consistent this would potentially be worth debating but he isn't consistent. The one time he steps up is thwarted by the 10 times he doesn't . . . you said it perfectly, he relies on instincts . . . he can take those back to Coastal Carolina or wherever because he isn't a quality NFL starting QB. He won't be and Henne may never be one either, but he damn sure is better than Thigpen.

Then again I'm sure Thigpen's supporters will point out we can't develop a QB, ironically they believe it is all Henne when it comes to why he is ineffective. I'm just keeping it real. Hey if the guy comes out and plays better, I will be the first one to admit I was wrong, but he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to give me any confidence and I know for certain he is not an option behind Chad Henne. He is a security blanket with all the uncertainty with this lockout and the Fins don't want to risk going into the season with the lack of FA and TC with just Henne and a rookie. We have had all 3 QB's go down twice in the past 2 years.

But then again the Fins haven't won in so long many people on here have no clue what success feels like. I would be willing to bet that feeling won't change if Thigpen is starting for us.

The move is good. with so many teams looking for a QB thigpen had to be tendered as he is an interesting qb no doubt . Locker in the radar to me .

ireland will look smart if we get a 2nd round pick for thigyy

So we are going into next season as of now with Henne and Thigpen battling? Am I the only one not comfortable with this? How are people talking like Thigpen is our answer? I have more faith in Henne and Henne sucks.

oanswer t
So we are going into next season as of now with Henne and Thigpen battling? Am I the only one not comfortable with this? How are people talking like Thigpen is our answer? I have more faith in Henne and Henne sucks.
irst pick
Thigpen is the answer to the qutlestion who was our third string qb last year and thats it. If Thigpen starts for us you can wrap up that first pick

im a bit confused. We have Henne, Thigpen, Pennington...yet we may sign or draft a QB? Leaving us with 4....

Sooo, who do we get rid of? Cant ditch Henne, hes the only real starter. Cant ditch Pennington, hes a veteran whos real good when healthy...if hes healthy lol. Cant really ditch Thigpen either...hes got too much potential and is a needed backup in case Henne goes down (Pennington wont stay healthy much). If we draft a QB, its no different...you cant leave a rookie to backup Henne right away. But I guess if we signed a Kolb or Orton, then we could ditch Pennington or Thigpen.

You get rid of Pennington and move on.

HE

IS

DONE

Back
Top Bottom