Dolphins Players Explain One Thing That Has Changed About Their Team And Why It Has Helped | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Players Explain One Thing That Has Changed About Their Team And Why It Has Helped

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
p19l3tveji1e9smhf1j98bvv14g23.jpg

“The camaraderie is at an all-time high,” Reshad Jones said.

“There’s definitely more chemistry on this team,” Bobby McCain said.

“Everyone being selfless,” Jakeem Grant said. “We’re one big family playing for each other.”

It’s clear these players like each other more – and feel a much stronger bond – than last year’s group, but it’s also easy to dismiss the importance of all this. (Keep in mind that one player not mentioned in this column didn’t like Mike Pouncey yelling at him. Others not mentioned in this column viewed Ndamukong Suh as me-first and Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry as complainers if they didn’t get the ball enough.)

But does liking each other really matter as far as on-field performance?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219884520.html

“Everyone being selfless,” Jakeem Grant said. “We’re one big family playing for each other.”

It’s clear these players like each other more – and feel a much stronger bond – than last year’s group, but it’s also easy to dismiss the importance of all this. (Keep in mind that one player not mentioned in this column didn’t like Mike Pouncey yelling at him. Others not mentioned in this column viewed Ndamukong Suh as me-first and Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry as complainers if they didn’t get the ball enough.)

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219884520.html

Gotta hand it to Gase... he sought a better culture...and appears to have found it... good stuff!

Parker is the next to go!

That can be read backwards, as in "before, we had selfish guys who were always causing turmoil."

Things needed for a championship:

- A great QB or just a good one who can play well when the lights are on
- A good to great defense
- Chemistry

Culture always reigns king for long term success
I believe it does make a difference. A few bad apples, is a metaphor that has been shown historically to be accurate.

Its not impossible to win with loud mouth, prima Donna, selfish guys, but it I'd harder. Coach has to be a hard a$$ like Parcels, or a phycologist like JJ.

Back
Top Bottom