Dolphin's priorities via Armando | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin's priorities via Armando

No, but I have met Crowder 7-8 times and have had dinner with him as well. I've known him for a while.

Rolando Mcclain was a honor rull student a Bama. Thats great, but Crowder was a National Honor Society Member, had a 3.5 GPA(which is higher than Rolando's) and scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Which is funny because that is extremely high for a linebacker and any individual in general.

Crowder is very smart, don't use his childish humor to evaluate his intelligence.

His childish humor is only good for fooling the peanut brained south Florida beat writers and such....keeping them entertained...

I don't think he's stupid at all....I just don't think he's a very good football player...

What I KNOW for a fact about Ro's grades are that his parents made damn sure he earned them...

I know you and CK will rather have your nuts shoved in a meat grinder than admit that Crowder sucks....but I don't need anybody to confirm it for me....no point in us even going around in circles about Crowder...

I still wouldn't mind Graham. I'd prefer Griffen, but if Nolan opts for Graham, I won't punch a hole in the wall.

griffen offers more versatility to me in a mike nolan defense...so smooth so fluid so instinctive...

i think griffen would also be a better player in coverage and with the arm length difference over graham could lock onto te's at the los more effectively...definitely can turn and open his hips better than graham also...

griffen also will get to the outer 3rds in pursuit quicker than graham...

i just hope griffen will stay motivated once he gets that pro paycheck...i'm confident graham will...

skys the limit if griffen does...

CK is right, ILB is not a need or even a must have. OLB we have 4 players. 1 who did well in his limited playing time(Wake) and 3 others who are wild cards. We NEED OLB. We dont NEED ILB.

I think NT, WR and ILB/TE follow. I might be the only one on this forums, but I think Clemons will fill in nicely for Wilson. For people saying he didn't replace Wilson at FS, well you don't start 3 rookies in the secondary against the toughest schedule in the NFL. You just don't do it. 2 starting CBs is asking for trouble, but 2 CBs and a FS will result in something you would rather not see.

CK isnt right. Thats his opinion regarding the ILB's, but hes also much higher on Crowder than most are. Its funny, I said prior to the season to all the dreamers this team was still a long way off, and here we are discussing our needs at NT, OLB, FS and ILB. and thats just the defense....

I agree with CK about the OLB's. we have very little, and if you cant pressure the qb it matters very little what you have in the secondary. that doesnt mean if theres upgrades to be had at ILB, you dont make the move. as Slimm said, just go get some good football players, and we need those all over this team.

You have to view Griffen as a one-year starter because basically, he is. Remember, he's a junior...not a senior.

He started a few games as a freshman but was then a backup because on USC you generally don't play for the DL much if you're just a freshman, even if you're a freak. His sophomore year he got benched...in favor of Clay Matthews, who oh by the way was drafted in the 1st round and had 10 sacks, a touchdown and 7 passes defensed this year as a mere rookie.

Griffen renewed his dedication to hard work and accepting coaching under Jethro Franklin, started this year and was on a tear. We're talking 35 tackles, 9.5 TFLs and 8 Sacks in the first 8 games...with at least 1 sack in 6 straight games before taking a toe injury against Oregon that put him out of commission against Arizona State and hampered him against Stanford, UCLA and Arizona. Then he gets to the Emerald Bowl and his ankle got rolled on in the first quarter, didn't play most of the game because of it.

so his body of work is 8 games? and now he's being projected as a conversion guy with that to go off? ill trust you guys hes a physical freak, but 8 games?

as Slimm said, just go get some good football players, and we need those all over this team.

AMEN to that!!! I have been saying it all along and it goes with my BPA approach. The team has so many holes and/or "needs" that they can't afford to pass up whoever the best player is come their pick(s) on draft day.

No, but I have met Crowder 7-8 times and have had dinner with him as well. I've known him for a while.

Rolando Mcclain was a honor rull student a Bama. Thats great, but Crowder was a National Honor Society Member, had a 3.5 GPA(which is higher than Rolando's) and scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Which is funny because that is extremely high for a linebacker and any individual in general.

Crowder is very smart, don't use his childish humor to evaluate his intelligence.

Next time you have dinner with Channing, could you ask him why he never makes any plays, whether in a 3-4 or playing beside a HOF backer in a 4-3. Thanks.

AMEN to that!!! I have been saying it all along and it goes with my BPA approach. The team has so many holes and/or "needs" that they can't afford to pass up whoever the best player is come their pick(s) on draft day.

i dont understand people that draft for need unless you have a loaded team. you always take the BPA, and eventually you will have lots of high level talent on your roster. if the Phins feel an OLB is worth the 12th selection, take him. but dont reach to fill that need when you have so many others and surely the BPA at 12 will fill one of them.

But he needs linebackers. Real ones, not the overstuffed variety. The day that Nolan walked into the building, the talk of Merling moving out to SOLB became moot IMO...and this comes from a person who was chief among those willing to move Phil.

I have a hard time rectifying this with the talk that Griffen might be drafted at #12 and be moved to SOLB. He and Merling are about the same size (or were, when Merling was in college), and both were athletic enough to play some of that two point stance "Bandit" stuff.

Now I get the criticisms of Merling as not being intelligent or instinctive enough to play OLB -- I've gone through the forum archives and found the poster Digital making that argument -- but in either case we're talking about conversion projects, be it Merling, Griffen or Graham.

Ayers, it also bears noting, was an end convert, but at 270+ pounds and 32" arms it's hard to say his role could be filled by a guy like Graham, who plays closer to 240/250 and has those short arms.

Don't get me wrong. I love Graham. I just think he's far more suited to play the weakside and use his speed and hustle to chase, rather than standing up tackles and tight ends at the POA.

I just can't see him as an SOLB, and that's our more pressing need.

i dont understand people that draft for need unless you have a loaded team. you always take the BPA, and eventually you will have lots of high level talent on your roster. if the Phins feel and OLB is worth the 12th selection, take him. but dont reach to fill that need when you have so many others and sure the BPA at 12 will fill one of them.

I'd go even farther than that and say if there is an OLB there worth the 12th selection but an ILB, WR, or S etc. there worth a top 10 selection then you do not take the OLB. Basically just take the better player.

Back
Top Bottom