Dolphins Projected 5.6 Wins In 2019 Last In The Nfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Projected 5.6 Wins In 2019 Last In The Nfl

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
2019 NFL Power Rankings: Projected wins /playoff chances from 1-32
_end_rule.png

i

1. Kansas City Chiefs

Projected wins: 10.3
Chance to make playoffs: 80.3 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: Young blood on defense. The major defensive acquisitions (safety Tyrann Mathieu and end Frank Clark) are 26 and 25, respectively. Similarly, the Chiefs' other significant defensive additions should have their best football ahead. That should help resuscitate a unit that had relied on older players such as Eric Berry and Justin Houston, both 30 and recently released by Kansas City. -- Adam Teicher

i

32. Miami Dolphins

Projected wins: 5.6
Chance to make playoffs: 5.0 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: A plan to escape mediocrity. There wasn't much roster improvement for the Dolphins this offseason, but they deserve credit for knowing they weren't a signing or two away, instead deciding to pile up their major resources for the future. In 2020, the Dolphins are set to have over $100 million in salary-cap space and as many as 12 draft picks, including five in the first three rounds, to continue rebuilding this team into an eventual contender. Owner Stephen Ross gave his blessing for the Dolphins to plan for the future rather than selling hope for a everything-goes-right 9-7 season. Headed by Brian Flores and a low-cost Josh Rosen, Miami's chances for long-term success have a clearer path than there has been in a decade. -- Cameron Wolfe

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26686576/2019-nfl-power-rankings-projected-wins-playoff-chances-1-32

As long as Rosen balls out and most of the young players continue to develop well, I’m ok with it. The team still has holes and not the best depth, so injuries will play a factor in the losses. There will be mistakes made that cost points and games since the roster is so young. I’d try my best to get the most draft picks/players possible in a trade down. I don’t see them ending up #1 overall though.

Projecting records this early in the year is almost as ridiculous as the NCAA pre-season top 25 rankings. Just like leading up to the draft, these sportswriters are trying to get clicks and stay relevant. There is a lot that can happen in the next 122 days that may change the outlook of the team.

So seriously doubt we'll have the worst record in the league -- tho I wouldn't mind winning 5.6 games
as long as no one else wins 5.5 or less! I mean what are the odds of that???

That said I think there will be major competition for only 2-3 wins with maybe some slime ball
sucking up to 1-15! How rude to interrupt our #1 plans!

Last edited:
Meaningless drivel. The league hasn't even made it through the pre-season yet. Hopefully there aren't any major injuries for any team, but the likelihood is that it may happen. At least wait until the last pre-season game, sheesh.

What a stupid list that is.
a) we are higher in both categories (wins and playoff chances) yet we are behind the Cardinals.
b) you either do projected wins or playoff chances and not both. Based on what they have listed I doubt that any team with 7 wins or below would have a chance to make the playoffs so by their predicted wins NE would be 100% and Jets, Bills and Dolphins at 0%.
c) if you list by play off chances (without prediction on wins) we'd not be last.

ESPN is getting worse by the day.

ESPN doesn't know jack.

2018 Post draft ranking for Miami: 30 - Season result 7-9
2017 Post draft ranking for Miami: 13 - Season Result - 6-10
2016: Post Draft ranking for Miami: 26 - Season Result: 10-6
2015: Post Draft Ranking for Miami: 15 - Season Result: 6-10

I called 4 wins before we traded for Josh Rosen and was still concerned other teams would finish with less wins.

Back
Top Bottom