Dolphins proposed committee has never met and have no plans to | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins proposed committee has never met and have no plans to

Integrity? This has nothing to do with integrity. This was a media circus lead by a clown that is now gone from Miami and parked in San Fran. The nfl knew Martina was the issue, the fins knew Martina was the issue, and any man with a set knew he was the issue. The fins did their song and dance just fine to appease the moronic public that thinks mean words between two grown men is a real issue.

For me, integrity has a lot to do with doing what you say you will do. Following through. Lying to appease the media will often get you what you want but it cannot be confused with integrity. It has nothing to do with Martin. Integrity is bigger than this one scandal. I won't get bogged down in the Martin and Cogs crap because it has had more than its share of everyone's time.

Just saying creating a fake board is not the right way to handle a problem. You and apparently somebody else are more focused on getting through this particular scandal as easily as possible. I am more focused on doing things the right way. Win the battle or win the war? I'll take the war every time, and integrity is one of the keys, not false committees. Much like my absolute disgust with the cheatriots who tried to pass off cheating as hard work and preparation, this move makes me a little more distrusting of the current owner of my favorite football team, as a potential winner and as a human being. But he is only temporary like all owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Committee is a joke.
I think this group is a happy bunch..

Good, I didn't want hypocritical, self-rightous trash like Tony Dungy around my team

If they don't know a good venue, they could call Incognito for some local "hot spots"...

For me, integrity has a lot to do with doing what you say you will do. Following through. Lying to appease the media will often get you what you want but it cannot be confused with integrity. It has nothing to do with Martin. Integrity is bigger than this one scandal. I won't get bogged down in the Martin and Cogs crap because it has had more than its share of everyone's time.

Just saying creating a fake board is not the right way to handle a problem. You and apparently somebody else are more focused on getting through this particular scandal as easily as possible. I am more focused on doing things the right way. Win the battle or win the war? I'll take the war everyday, and integrity is one of the keys, not false committees. Much like my absolute disgust with the cheatriots who tried to pass off cheating as hard work and preparation, this move makes me a little more distrusting of the current owner of my favorite football team, as a potential winner or as a human being. But he is only temporary like all owners.
What you and Ruckus have is a difference of opinion. He believes that this never was an issue, or if their was it was mitigated the moment Martin and Incognito where removed. There was no "war" to win, just a liberal media driven agenda centered around one grown man bullying another. The Media needed something to report on because, well that what the media does. The Dolphins needed something to shut them up in the absence of any real issue hence, the committee. This is not an issue of integrity, Imo.

What you and Ruckus have is a difference of opinion. He believes that this never was an issue, or if their was it was mitigated the moment Martin and Incognito where removed. There was no "war" to win, just a liberal media driven agenda centered around one grown man bullying another. The Media needed something to report on because, well that what the media does. The Dolphins needed something to shut them up in the absence of any real issue hence, the committee. This is not an issue of integrity, Imo.

Some thought it was a scandal, other's did not.

I think you just misunderstand me. I don't really care about this particular instance or about any perceived liberal media driven garbage as much as integrity. So if the owner says he is going to do something, he should do it, especially when he says how "appalled" he is by this whole thing. Then when the heat is off he doesn't follow through, showing he was basically lying when he said that. Whether it's bullying or not is irrelevant to me at this point. What we learned is that Ross is willing stand up and say the right things at the drop of a hat, but DOING the right thing is not as much a priority for him. If he didn't believe a committee was necessary other than for making things look good in the media, then he should have just said nothing about a committee and moved on. Integrity. Not lying. Not faking a moral high road when he doesn't really take that road. That's all that bothers me, not the Martin Incognito thing itself. They aren't here anymore (except Pouncey) and I won't get into all of that anyway...it has had its share of everyone's time like I said.

I hope this clears up what I meant.

I doubt Ross was lying about putting the council together. He was juggling a hot potato and got carried away. Like when a fat guy finds out he has diabetes and tells his family he's going to hit the gym every night.

Plus, it probably didn't seem like such a great idea to have Tony Dungy snooping around after he had his falling out with Philbin and then took a PR hit for his stance on Michael Sam.

I doubt Ross was lying about putting the council together. He was juggling a hot potato and got carried away. Like when a fat guy finds out he has diabetes and tells his family he's going to hit the gym every night.

Plus, it probably didn't seem like such a great idea to have Tony Dungy snooping around after he had his falling out with Philbin and then took a PR hit for his stance on Michael Sam.
I wouldn't have a problem with him excluding or replacing certain people on the committee if he had done that. But speaking with such conviction about the matter and then not following through tells me he didn't have the conviction and it was just more hot air. Much like your example of an overweight guy who proclaims (publicly) that he is going to make a major change and go to the gym. If he changes his mind and doesn't follow through he proves that he really was never committed. Plus, the next time he makes a stand, everybody knows he is probably not as serious as he may sound.

So in this case, these are the moments that add up in an organization, to form its identity. By itself it's not a big deal for most people, but the message to the public and more importantly to players is this; "In this organization we say all of the right things, but doing them? Well, we'll do them if it's convenient."

Cutting Ochostinko was convenient for example. He struggled on the field and he did something wrong off of it...perfect opportunity to pretend you stand on the moral high ground and this team will not tolerate less. But when it's a little tougher, like say your star center stirring up trouble, weeeeeellllll, maybe we'll just have a chat with him and have the same chat each year as long as he keeps it up. Meanwhile, the other players are watching. In tough times expect the team to be less likely to rally around any "Let's stick together because we're a team / Play for each other / We're a family!" rhetoric because they will consider it to be just more empty talk, because that is what this organization does.

I think you just misunderstand me. I don't really care about this particular instance or about any perceived liberal media driven garbage as much as integrity. So if the owner says he is going to do something, he should do it, especially when he says how "appalled" he is by this whole thing. Then when the heat is off he doesn't follow through, showing he was basically lying when he said that. Whether it's bullying or not is irrelevant to me at this point. What we learned is that Ross is willing stand up and say the right things at the drop of a hat, but DOING the right thing is not as much a priority for him. If he didn't believe a committee was necessary other than for making things look good in the media, then he should have just said nothing about a committee and moved on. Integrity. Not lying. Not faking a moral high road when he doesn't really take that road. That's all that bothers me, not the Martin Incognito thing itself. They aren't here anymore (except Pouncey) and I won't get into all of that anyway...it has had its share of everyone's time like I said.

I hope this clears up what I meant.

so as long as they put the committee together and sit with their thumbs up their butt, you'd be ok with this? That would show integrity? Why have a committee, when the problem has been solved. And you might not care about this particular instance (bullygate), but that's what the "committee" was supposed to be for.

Ross as an owner has never been a beacon of integrity look at how he lied about trying to sign Harbaugh.
At least he isn't a druggie like Irsay

So in this case, these are the moments that add up in an organization, to form its identity. By itself it's not a big deal for most people, but the message to the public and more importantly to players is this; "In this organization we say all of the right things, but doing them? Well, we'll do them if it's convenient."

I don't feel like commitment is Ross's issue. It's understanding when to be committed. He had to learn the ropes of being an owner, and he discovered the hard way that the PR game is its own animal.

He jumped all over the bullying scandal and got a little carried away before realizing that he probably didn't need to take it quite so far. Or maybe there were other issues we don't know about.

It's not fair to Ross to say he only acts when it's convenient. He's just (extremely) awkward.

Something like that. This was just a dog and pony show to shut up people trying to make a story out of nothing. Those people will never go back and recant the spin they put on their stories as they won't hold them to a committee meeting. It's the game both sides play.

so as long as they put the committee together and sit with their thumbs up their butt, you'd be ok with this? That would show integrity? Why have a committee, when the problem has been solved. And you might not care about this particular instance (bullygate), but that's what the "committee" was supposed to be for.

You may have missed the part of my post about not "doing the right thing". I think most of us can probably agree that doing the right thing implies doing more than just making a "thumbs up their butts" committee, although I didn't state exactly what they should do. That would have been Ross' job as the person who struck the committee. Speaking of what they should do, there never was a plan. Ross never gave them an agenda, a meeting schedule, nothing. This tells me there was never going to be a committee, let alone any action taken toward this "appalling" situation as Ross stated. Actually, 2 of the names he used were people he had not even reached. He just left voice mails with them and the next day named them to his committee from what I read (that may or may not be true, but if it is...wow.). But the truth is, the committee he talked about was in fact all talk. That's wha tbotehrs me about Ross in this case. It's just not a good message to send to your team.

Back
Top Bottom