Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Jason Fox says Albert's health "might have been part of the thinking" in bringing him back. Says he'll be ready if Albert can't go Week 1

#Dolphins OT Jason Fox is helping out at an orphanage in Haiti. He says he does it every offseason.

Fox on Suh: "He's obviously dominant player. He's a game-changing time player. In locker room he's a guy who leads by example, hard worker"

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Jason Fox says Albert's health "might have been part of the thinking" in bringing him back. Says he'll be ready if Albert can't go Week 1

#Dolphins OT Jason Fox is helping out at an orphanage in Haiti. He says he does it every offseason.

Fox on Suh: "He's obviously dominant player. He's a game-changing time player. In locker room he's a guy who leads by example, hard worker"

Fox seems like a real good dude. He was our Walter Payton Man of the year rep last season. Never hurts to have some good character guys on the roster and if healthy, he's a good depth option. I really do like this resign.

Jason Fox: "Miami is like a 2nd home for me...I'm really happy to be back, this is a (team) on the rise, I see bright things in the future."

This whole Fox thing is weird to me. If we like him enough to re-sign him, to TWO YEARS no less, why the reluctance to put him out there when Dallas Thomas was drowning? Thomas is at best a guard and not a tackle, and at worst should be getting on with his life's work. This is bizzaro world logic.

i think my concern more than anything about this signing is it speaks to tunnel vision by the staff yet again on the oline if fox is in fact the plan as the week 1 starter while albert gets ready at right tackle...don't get me wrong it's better than dallas thomas who hopefully they gave up on that playing in space ability but billy turner is in the building and he's a better athlete than fox and better in space than fox but yet it's like they got it in their heads he's a guard only when really i'd bet anyone here that if turner played enough tackle reps he would grade out higher than fox over the course of the season

eventually that kids gonna play tackle and prove capable as the long term replacement at one spot for brandon albert when we walk away from that contract...

the good thing about this though is if there's no real guaranteed money miami could easily walk away from fox in camp should others prove the better investment...of course the staff actually going with higher upside and talent yet unproven over the incumbent is another story

FTB you are crapping on Fox like he was Dallas Thomas or something. We are talking depth . . . 2 years, 2.5 million. That's nothing man. It's apples and oranges. Harris has been bouncing around from team to team. At least Fox has some familiarity in the system we are running in 2015. There are enough changes going on to where anytime we can keep somebody familiar, we should make the effort. At that contract, he could easily get cut at the end of preseason also with little effect on us. We need to cover our asses, because none of us know the extent of the kind of money that is going to be tossed around come March 10th.

He's not crap, I'm hardly crapping on him. I just think putting injury prone behind injury prone isn't smart. As I stated Ryan Harris is familiar with our OL coach and the ZBS. It would be easy for him to adapt.

As I said I would've liked to cover our asses better, it's not bad, just average.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This whole Fox thing is weird to me. If we like him enough to re-sign him, to TWO YEARS no less, why the reluctance to put him out there when Dallas Thomas was drowning? Thomas is at best a guard and not a tackle, and at worst should be getting on with his life's work. This is bizzaro world logic.

This.

Back
Top Bottom