Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox

The only thing that scares me is his injury history. He should have played more last year instead of freakin Dallas thomas.

one of the games fox played in he was terrible too i cant remember which one though...played a awful half

one of the games fox played in he was terrible too i cant remember which one though...played a awful half

It may have been his former team Detroit. I remember him getting tossed back like a rag doll in one game playing RT. It was ugly.

Hearing as well 2 years 2.5 million & projected to be a starter until Albert is healthy. Good Signing and Value

d thomas came in vs detroit and they shifted over james to left

Then it was after that. All I remember was him getting a strong two handed punch to his chest and flying back about 2 yards.

I want to say you're thinking of either Ravens or Broncos hoops. Could be Thomas I'm thinking of tho

I want to say you're thinking of either Ravens or Broncos hoops. Could be Thomas I'm thinking of tho

I was at the Broncos game. He came in when James went down, if I remember correctly, or maybe it was Thomas, either way I remember keeping and eye on him and he held against their DEs.

yep...not just once either...on repeat

Other than a few snaps, Fox only played 3 games, 40 snaps vs Denver were below average, 86 vs Minny when he was good, and 72 vs the Jets when he was bad. That's it.

Last month, Jason Fox’s agent Drew Rosenhaus publicly lobbied the Dolphins to bring back the reserve offensive tackle in case Branden Albert wasn’t ready for Week 1. But Rosenhaus admitted he wasn’t sure if a return was in the works.

Jason Fox (No. 74) has been re-signed by the Dolphins The Dolphins made it official today, re-signing Fox to a two-year deal. It’s most certainly a low-end, low-risk deal for the Dolphins, and it gives them a reliable reserve. Last year, Fox spent most of the season on the bench. He got his first real action in the second half of a Week 12 loss to Denver when Ja’Wuan James went down with a stinger.

Fox played well and then replaced Dallas Thomas as the starting right tackle the last two weeks of the season. If Albert is ready for the season opener, Fox will continue his role as a reserve. The Dolphins should be set at tackle with Albert, James and Fox. Mike Pouncey is expected to move back to center and Billy Turner — a third-round draft pick last year — is projected as a starting guard and could potentially play tackle in case of injuries.

That leaves one open guard spot that could be filled in free agency or the draft but might go to Shelley Smith, who was disappointing in his first year with Miami but still has potential. Thomas is likely on the fence to keep his job. The Dolphins have bounced him back-and-forth from tackle to guard and he’s struggled at both. But coach Joe Philbin seems to like Thomas’ potential, and he’s still on a cheap rookie deal, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if he at least gets to compete for his job in training camp and the preseason.

The Dolphins could also keep Sam Brenner, a reserve center/guard.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...on-fox-provides-insurance-for-branden-albert/

Back
Top Bottom