Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox

i'll have to check i know i saw one game where i was like fox is playing some bad ball...

Could've signed Ryan Harris for the minimum and he at least stays on the field...

But then you're having to teach someone new the offense, blocking scheme and technique you've spent a year teaching Fox. You have to get past the infancy of the offense and the best way to do that is make sure everyone already has the basic knowledge of what you're trying to do. We're not going to have 5 new O-lineman again like last year...not including 3 new backups too.

There are going to be moves people don't like because the team is trying to free up money to try and sign Suh. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Looks like the personnel dept agrees with us that Fox is better than Dallas Thomas.

But then you're having to teach someone new the offense, blocking scheme and technique you've spent a year teaching Fox. You have to get past the infancy of the offense and the best way to do that is make sure everyone already has the basic knowledge of what you're trying to do. We're not going to have 5 new O-lineman again like last year...not including 3 new backups too.

There are going to be moves people don't like because the team is trying to free up money to try and sign Suh. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Guy has played his entire career in a ZBS...he's worked under Benton for multiple years. Obviously you don't know who Ryan Harris is.

Again..."freeing up money" isn't relevant when discussing which swing-tackle gets the vet-min.

I would've liked Harris better because he stays healthy, I want a consistent piece after last year's dumpster fire at RT. Think we could've done better, but we could've done worse.

Guy has played his entire career in a ZBS...he's worked under Benton for multiple years. Obviously you don't know who Ryan Harris is.

Again..."freeing up money" isn't relevant when discussing which swing-tackle gets the vet-min.

I would've liked Harris better because he stays healthy, I want a consistent piece after last year's dumpster fire at RT. Think we could've done better, but we could've done worse.
I know who Ryan Harris is and I also know he wasn't on this team, working in this offense run by Lazor.

They say a Fox is sly, and I guess this one is no different. He just pilfered 2.5 million from Miami.

I know who Ryan Harris is and I also know he wasn't on this team, working in this offense run by Lazor.

At some point it's more important to get someone who can block in there...you're hard pressed to find a player with more experience in similar schemes on the open market than Harris.

Listen, it's not a big deal, I'm not going to beat them up over it. It's an average move that leaves a little to be desired, especially with the questions surrounding Albert. I just thought we'd make it a bigger priority after in single-handedly derailed our season last year.

At some point it's more important to get someone who can block in there...you're hard pressed to find a player with more experience in similar schemes on the open market than Harris.

Listen, it's not a big deal, I'm not going to beat them up over it. It's an average move that leaves a little to be desired, especially with the questions surrounding Albert. I just thought we'd make it a bigger priority after in single-handedly derailed our season last year.

FTB you are crapping on Fox like he was Dallas Thomas or something. We are talking depth . . . 2 years, 2.5 million. That's nothing man. It's apples and oranges. Harris has been bouncing around from team to team. At least Fox has some familiarity in the system we are running in 2015. There are enough changes going on to where anytime we can keep somebody familiar, we should make the effort. At that contract, he could easily get cut at the end of preseason also with little effect on us. We need to cover our asses, because none of us know the extent of the kind of money that is going to be tossed around come March 10th.

FTB you are crapping on Fox like he was Dallas Thomas or something. We are talking depth . . . 2 years, 2.5 million. That's nothing man. It's apples and oranges. Harris has been bouncing around from team to team. At least Fox has some familiarity in the system we are running in 2015. There are enough changes going on to where anytime we can keep somebody familiar, we should make the effort. At that contract, he could easily get cut at the end of preseason also with little effect on us. We need to cover our asses, because none of us know the extent of the kind of money that is going to be tossed around come March 10th.

i dont mind signing fox with hte team for depth... but we do need to bring in some others to develop and fill in for starters in FA... OG!!!

i dont mind signing fox with hte team for depth... but we do need to bring in some others to develop and fill in for starters in FA... OG!!!

Oh for sure, and this is just one piece of the puzzle. I also think Satele could be back, although he played well enough last year to get some looks from a few teams. He wasn't great, but he was serviceable. I'd love him back in a backup C/G role.

Back
Top Bottom