Dolphins Reach Out To These Supplemental Draft Prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reach Out To These Supplemental Draft Prospects

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami, like every team, attended the recent Pro Day for Western Michigan cornerback Sam Beal, who is considered a third-round talent by some league executives, according to former Cowboys personnel man Gil Brandt and ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Also, the Dolphins recently had a private interview with Virginia Tech cornerback Adonis Alexander, according to a source. Miami also attended his Pro Day.\

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article214269469.html

Beal might turn out to the more prized prospect, but I really prefer Alexander for his size and playing style. Would love to have Howard, Tankersly, Lippett, Alexander, McCain and Armstrong as the corners in 2018 with Jones, Fitzpatrick, McDonald and Aikens at safety.

]

CAN ANY OF THOSE PLAYERS KICK A FIELD GOAL?

Only need to worry about extra points and we have a young kicker for that job.

Always felt kicker's fg % could be misleading anyways. If you have two kickers with 25 fg attempts each an one has five attemptes of 45 yards or more and the other has 10 of course you would expect one or two more misses by the kicker attempting more longer field goals.

Last edited:
CAN ANY OF THOSE PLAYERS KICK A FIELD GOAL?

granted it wasn't in clutch or pressure situations but I think Sanders was supposed to look great in OTAs, booming leg, seemed like something like 15/16 on FG's...I wouldn't quote myself on that exact number, but IRC that's what it was

Beal might turn out to the more prized prospect, but I really prefer Alexander for his size and playing style. Would love to have Howard, Tankersly, Lippett, Alexander, McCain and Armstrong as the corners in 2018 with Jones, Fitzpatrick, McDonald and Aikens at safety.

What pick would you give up for him? I don't know much about either of them, but are either worthy of an early pick, or a later one?

What pick would you give up for him? I don't know much about either of them, but are either worthy of an early pick, or a later one?

A 5th for sure maybe a 4th. Beal is expected to cost a 3rd so a 4th seems fair. If the team was remotely considering drafting a corner next year than I think spending a 2019 4th on Alexander and getting his services a year early is worth it. I would suspect Alexander, with a years worth of NFL coaching and experience, would be further ahead in 2019 than most corners slotted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Im surprised due to the off the field issues, but i would give a 4th for alexander. a 4th would be perfect. he was originally projected a 2-4 round pick for the 19 draft anyway.

If he's worth it, great. I'll wait and see what the FO determines their value is.

Every team in the league is looking to bolster their secondary if they can right now so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

This team has used it's mid round draft picks wisely recently so I think they have a good understanding of the value of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

granted it wasn't in clutch or pressure situations but I think Sanders was supposed to look great in OTAs, booming leg, seemed like something like 15/16 on FG's...I wouldn't quote myself on that exact number, but IRC that's what it was

length strength isnt the concern. kick it as far as you want, but its all rather pointless if it doesnt go between the posts

and zero-pressure kicks in otas with no opposition are less than meaningless for an nfl level kicker

Alexander sounds intriguing but his numbers aren’t that great.

4.61 40
7.18 3 cone

From what I'm hearing, which granted is just speculation, around the 5th round for Beal and Alexander. They are probably better than that, but there's also a reason they are in the supplemental draft.

Sam Beal reminds me a little bit of Nolan Carroll whereas Brandon Bryant reminds me of Yeremiah Bell.

I'd be pretty interested in Bryant. Don't really know his back story or why he's going Supplemental, why he didn't play a bigger role in the defense. That's a big part of the puzzle to be missing so I can't claim he's a must-have sort of guy or anything. But he's very talented.

]

Only need to worry about extra points and we have a young kicker for that job.

Always felt kicker's fg % could be misleading anyways. If you have two kickers with 25 fg attempts each an one has five attemptes of 45 yards or more and the other has 10 of course you would expect one or two more misses by the kicker attempting more longer field goals.

Greg Joseph
1-1 from 1-19 yards
9-10 from 20-29 yards
6-9 from 30-39 yards
7-10 from 40-49 yards
2-5 from 50+

Jason Sanders
1-19 zero
7-8 from 20-29 yards
7-10 from 30-39 yards
7-12 from 40-49 yards
4-5 from 50+