Dolphins Reach Out To These Supplemental Draft Prospects | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Reach Out To These Supplemental Draft Prospects

Greg Joseph
1-1 from 1-19 yards
9-10 from 20-29 yards
6-9 from 30-39 yards
7-10 from 40-49 yards
2-5 from 50+

Jason Sanders
1-19 zero
7-8 from 20-29 yards
7-10 from 30-39 yards
7-12 from 40-49 yards
4-5 from 50+

Now let's see what they look like with NFL level coaching, blocking, a snapper and holder. Those things can impact a kicker use to playing with players that were backups for teams that had rosters full of starters that weren't really borderline Division I level players. Of course on the flip side of the coin we have to see what they look like going up against NFL level talent and speed rushing the kick and the pressure of in the NFL. They could both fall flat on their face, but there will be vets available if needed.

If you guys really want to ramp up the speculation let's figure out how to acquire Aaron Donald.

Conventional wisdom says LA would be nuts to trade him but.....

They have an offensive minded head coach who's offense revolves around Todd Gurley who will need to be paid next offseason and the talented young QB Jared Goff who might command the highest contract (or close to) in the NFL in 2 years. Brandin Cooks is a free agent at seasons end so expect that deal to come before all other's as they just gave up a 1st round pick to NE to get him. Couple that with the 2nd rounder they lost "renting" Sammy Watkins and the 2019 2nd rounder they gave up for Marcus Peters (who will be a $15 million a year guy himself soon) they need to recoup some high picks.

It's very possible the LAR view Suh as a cheaper alternative over the next 4-5 years rather than to sign Donald to a $25M+ a year deal.

Certainly their plan for 2018 is to keep Donald around on a loaded roster but they've had to have some level of internal discussion about unloading AR for a haul.

If a large portion of the football watching world thinks we will be drafting high next year, let's use that slight to our advantage. Sounds nuts but they have to be thinking about cap flexibility with what they've done this year.

Is it going to happen? Nope. Because signing him is the problem to begin with.

But it's not as crazy an idea as you thought when you read the first line of this post.

I'm bored during a slow day at work, sue me. Suh me? No. Donald me? Yes.

If you guys really want to ramp up the speculation let's figure out how to acquire Aaron Donald.

They have an offensive minded head coach who's offense revolves around Todd Gurley who will need to be paid next offseason and the talented young QB Jared Goff who might command the highest contract (or close to) in the NFL in 2 years. Brandin Cooks is a free agent at seasons end so expect that deal to come before all other's as they just gave up a 1st round pick to NE to get him. Couple that with the 2nd rounder they lost "renting" Sammy Watkins and the 2019 2nd rounder they gave up for Marcus Peters (who will be a $15 million a year guy himself soon) they need to recoup some high picks.

It's very possible the LAR view Suh as a cheaper alternative over the next 4-5 years rather than to sign Donald to a $25M+ a year deal.

Certainly their plan for 2018 is to keep Donald around on a loaded roster but they've had to have some level of internal discussion about unloading AR for a haul.

If a large portion of the football watching world thinks we will be drafting high next year, let's use that slight to our advantage. Sounds nuts but they have to be thinking about cap flexibility with what they've done this year.

But it's not as crazy an idea as you thought when you read the first line of this post.

Donald is a lot like Suh, Great players/dominate at their position. But you can win with lesser talent at that position if you build the rest of the defense correctly. If you build the defense incorrectly even the most talented defensive tackles are vastly wasted. Like putting the worlds best car engine in a Geo Metro.

There are two sides to that. One, we tend to overrate the value of a guy like an Aaron Donald. Two, we tend to overrate the value of the assets that are sent in trade for him.

If you've got the right QB and the right culture and an inventive coaching staff that's going to matter a lot more than an Aaron Donald. But it will also tend to matter more than the package of players/picks you send for Aaron Donald.

We've been avoiding these big ticket moves for a couple of years now. Look at our roster, that's how you build a team the right way. I'm not saying we're done building but I'd like to steer clear of crazy FA contracts. We just are in the midst of getting rid of top heavy deals lets not add any.

length strength isnt the concern. kick it as far as you want, but its all rather pointless if it doesnt go between the posts

and zero-pressure kicks in otas with no opposition are less than meaningless for an nfl level kicker

that's why I mentioned he went 15/16 with no pressure or in a clutch situation. you mentioned that this should be nothing to an NFL level kicker. so hopefully that means hes an NFL level kicker not just a college player with a big leg :)

Sam Beal reminds me a little bit of Nolan Carroll whereas Brandon Bryant reminds me of Yeremiah Bell.

I'd be pretty interested in Bryant. Don't really know his back story or why he's going Supplemental, why he didn't play a bigger role in the defense. That's a big part of the puzzle to be missing so I can't claim he's a must-have sort of guy or anything. But he's very talented.
I like this post because it brings up the point that there is often missing information that makes it hard to fully evaluate a player. This may be assumed by many posters, but it is still nice to see it accounted for in a post.

Nice post and it made me laugh. Thank you. I needed that.

NFL Trade Rumors has a recent headline that the Miami Dolphins had a private workout with Alexander. But when you read the article there is no mention of the workout. It reports what was earlier reported that Miami attended his pro day and had a private meeting with him. Wonder what's really going on? Does Miami have real draftable interest in this kid? But it looks like the article is very misleading. When you consider the headline.

Last edited:
I feel like we’re set on corners. Jalen Davis can handle the backup duty hopefully with lippett

Alexander's running mate at the other corner spot, Mook Reynolds, was just dismissed also. I had him among my top 10 Senior cornerbacks for 2019 along with Alexander.

Alexander's running mate at the other corner spot, Mook Reynolds, was just dismissed also. I had him among my top 10 Senior cornerbacks for 2019 along with Alexander.
Does Reynolds have any option other than to wait for the 2019 NFL Draft?

Does Reynolds have any option other than to wait for the 2019 NFL Draft?

Probably not. Doubt there's time for him to file a formal petition to enter the 2018 Supplemental Draft since it's to take place in a couple of days. Then have a workout for teams, etc.

His best bet is to transfer to an FCS team and hope for immediate eligibility.....go ahead and play the 2018 season at that school, and enter the 2019 draft.

I love the due diligence but I think we have just as good on our roster right now. Jalen Davis have as much or more potential than either of there guys.

Back
Top Bottom