Dolphins respond to Jordan, Wake, Wallace trade rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins respond to Jordan, Wake, Wallace trade rumor

n70d1c-1.jpg

Everyone realizes that regardless of whether the rumors are true the Dolphins would still deny them, right?

If I were the new GM i might shop everyone around as well just to gauge their value and the market but I would not do it publically . Does not mean a trade is imminent. He's just doing his job.
I fully except the three guys mentioned to be Dolphins next year but if someone wants to offer us a great deal on any one of them I'd certainly consider into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn Armando...SHOTS FIRED at CBSSports.com

How can JLC be so fail and yet still have a job.

I'm seriously considering changing me career and becoming a "insider", my source is FinHeaven.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m

Just to reiterate, Dion Jordan absolutely was made available to NFL teams by the Dolphins. Um, and why would they ever "confirm" it. Please

Setting aside for now the question of whether the Dolphins would or wouldn’t trade any, some, or all of these players, it’s important to consider the salary-cap consequences.

For Wallace (pictured), who signed a five-year, $60 million contract last year, a trade before June 1 would result in an immediate cap charge of $8.8 million, which represents the remainder of his $11 million signing bonus. However, the Dolphins also would avoid responsibility for a fully-guaranteed base salary of $15 million in 2014. (Yes, the Dolphins are paying Wallace $15 million fully guaranteed this year.)

As to Wake, trading him before June 1 would trigger a $4.2 million cap charge. His base salary of $5.82 million would be avoided.

The biggest cap consequence would come from trading Jordan before June 1. The move would cause a $10 million charge to hit the cap — with a savings of only $1.34 million in 2014.

Regardless of whether the Dolphins are interested in trading Wallace, Wake, or Jordan, it’s safe to say any team that would have interest in any of those players now has reason to at least make the phone call.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...an-would-carry-cap-consequences-for-dolphins/

If we trade Jordan we will take a 10 million dollar cap hit. Sounds like a gret business decision. Just can't see any logic in that at all. The others maybe, as a some sort of business decision.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 27s

Dolphins have at least raised the idea of trading Jordan. But team source tells me they haven't shopped him.

JLC strikes again... How does he still have a job? His performance as a reporter makes the Dolphins performance as a football franchise seem competent by comparison...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaCanfora appears to just speculate and is wrong 99.9% of the time. It's almost like he has a hate campaign against the Miami Dolphins with the objective of demoralizing the fanbase. Why does he do this? How does he still have a job when he is wrong all the time?
Sports journalists used to have a pride in their profession and the accuracy of the stories presented. LaCanfora is just trying to float b/s stories quoting "sources" to see if some will stick. The Miami Dolphins should consider running some advertisements which highlight LaCanfora's consistent inaccuracy and seek an apology. He is an abject disgrace to his profession.

Back
Top Bottom