Dolphins restructured Fiedler's contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins restructured Fiedler's contract

DOLBET

Starter
Reaction score
Here is the article saying that Dolphins have about 8 million dollars in cap room after adding the offers to 4 RFA: Ogun, Minor, Greenwood and Rosenfels.

"The Dolphins ended up about $8 million under the salary cap after extending qualifying offers for restricted free agents, such as Pro Bowl defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, and their exclusive-rights players."

Link:http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8082551.htm

Mad Dog is next up for a salary move. Hopefully we can clear a couple million more there. After that, we're going to be scraping for cap space, though. Hopefully we can get one of the offensive guards in free agency, like Villarial, James or Coleman for not much.

"The deal puts Taylor, 29, under contract through the 2009 season. The new contract is worth $45 million over the next six seasons, including nearly $10 million guaranteed next season, according to an NFL Players Association source."

That quote worries me the most. Does that means we will have to release some players next year for Taylor's 10 million dollars if I read that right?

seems like Jay is being real good about this and deferring the $2 mil bonus to next year, but congrats to him for getting that 2.9 salary plus 800K guaranteed. Maybe he can now help his dad lowered tuition at their summer camp from lik 8k for 7 1/2 weeks ;)

Seriously, Jay is worth that much as a backup IMO

This jay thing is BS!! He needs to just go so we can move on!(IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION)

Taylor's gonna have a cap number of 10 million next year. Wow, he might have to play the whole d-line by himself cos we may not be able to afford anyone else.

Ozzy rules!!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Jay coming back as a negative. If he legitimately loses his starting spot to AJ, the Speilman was right about him and our team has improved.

If AJ can not beat out Jay, then at least we have a veteran with solid chemistry with Chambers and Williams. AJ can be groomed for a season under our new system. I see this as a win/win situation.

Jay may not be spectacular, but I remember how he energized not only the offense but the fans in the stands in the Washington game this past season...Give the guy a break, look who he followed (#13) and he's done it with class.

Originally posted by dolphan39
seems like Jay is being real good about this and deferring the $2 mil bonus to next year, but congrats to him for getting that 2.9 salary plus 800K guaranteed. Maybe he can now help his dad lowered tuition at their summer camp from lik 8k for 7 1/2 weeks ;)

Seriously, Jay is worth that much as a backup IMO

Agreed......

But what if you hear Jay has won the job in camp come August 30? :eek:

Originally posted by ZOD

Agreed......

But what if you hear Jay has won the job in camp come August 30? :eek:

Nothing...he will have won it against his competition...Granted AJ may not push Feidler like Brunell would have, but Jay would still have earned his starting spot.

then I hope that we were able to draft Rivers to groom and I'll be pissed about losing a #2 next year for Feeley, some guy who couldn't beat out Fiedler which means he's another Lucas/Griese backup who's even worse then Fiedler...!

Regardless of who wins the battle, we will have one of the cheapest QB-combos in the league per the Herald, which will give us plenty of $$$ to shore up the other areas of offensive need ... particularly the offensive line.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Regardless of who wins the battle, we will have one of the cheapest QB-combos in the league per the Herald

That sounds familiar. Where/When have I heard that before?

Originally posted by phins054

Nothing...he will have won it against his competition...Granted AJ may not push Feidler like Brunell would have, but Jay would still have earned his starting spot.

Unacceptable

Originally posted by ZOD

That sounds familiar. Where/When have I heard that before?

I quoted the Herald article in another thread. Is that what you meant, or was that a rhetorical question?

Back
Top Bottom