Dolphins restructured Fiedler's contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins restructured Fiedler's contract

either way if we get another WR in the draft who can start opposite CC and DT improves (he cannot get worse) and we upgrade the OL (they cannot get worse), our QB will be better simply by handing it off to Ricky :D

It was rhetorical.

Griese/Fiedler sound familiar?

Originally posted by ZOD
It was rhetorical.

Griese/Fiedler sound familiar?

Ahh, yes ... but in THAT situation, the Dolphins spent the money they saved on defense. That will NOT be the case this year.

*wandering around looking for brain cells*

Oh so that's how it's different. :lol:

Originally posted by ZOD
*wandering around looking for brain cells*

Oh so that's how it's different. :lol:

That, and the Heather Mitts Factor increases the deal's value. ;)

bad choice

This team has really put itself in a bad position.
First keeping Jay is absolutley stupid. It does create the Dave vs Rick situation & puts the team in the middle. In recent memory I have not heard an agent be as vocal & stupid as Jay's. So. If Jay loses the job he will be yapping & Jay will cry. If he wins the job (which he has an advantage due to knowing the system & the comfort factor) we are back to square one. If he looks better than AJ & does not get the starting job he will pi$$ & moan endlessly about not getting his fair shot. Any way you look at it is bad. As far as him being the best backup in the league. Jay is not capable of being the best anything as far as QBing. Because of one game against a non playoff team when he had a unique situation where his adrenaline would be at its max & he plays good for a quarter. That is proof huh? What about when he is a disgruntled or even happy FULL-TIME back up? Will he be the same?
Also 2.9M for a below ave QB to sit on the bench? C'mon. There is no logic to this.
As far as his fair shot. He was brought here with the same background as AJ an appointed the starter over DAN MARINO by Dave the dope. He wasn't concerned about any fair shot.
The fact is he has never earned a starting position in the NFL ever.
Hopefully since Dave won't be running the draft we will still go for a QB prospect because you can't take any chances.

Bottom line is BG or someone like Huard should be the back-up for a BU salary & AJ should be given the job & a QB should be drafted. That would be best for the team.
Very logical & very simple.

Re: bad choice

Originally posted by vcip
This team has really put itself in a bad position.
First keeping Jay is absolutley stupid. It does create the Dave vs Rick situation & puts the team in the middle. In recent memory I have not heard an agent be as vocal & stupid as Jay's. So. If Jay loses the job he will be yapping & Jay will cry. If he wins the job (which he has an advantage due to knowing the system & the comfort factor) we are back to square one. If he looks better than AJ & does not get the starting job he will pi$$ & moan endlessly about not getting his fair shot. Any way you look at it is bad. As far as him being the best backup in the league. Jay is not capable of being the best anything as far as QBing. Because of one game against a non playoff team when he had a unique situation where his adrenaline would be at its max & he plays good for a quarter. That is proof huh? What about when he is a disgruntled or even happy FULL-TIME back up? Will he be the same?
Also 2.9M for a below ave QB to sit on the bench? C'mon. There is no logic to this.
As far as his fair shot. He was brought here with the same background as AJ an appointed the starter over DAN MARINO by Dave the dope. He wasn't concerned about any fair shot.
The fact is he has never earned a starting position in the NFL ever.
Hopefully since Dave won't be running the draft we will still go for a QB prospect because you can't take any chances.

Bottom line is BG or someone like Huard should be the back-up for a BU salary & AJ should be given the job & a QB should be drafted. That would be best for the team.
Very logical & very simple.

You know... the way this all went down makes me think we may not go through with the Feeley deal... there have been lots of rumors about us getting a #2 pick... perhaps these rumors are true and we're gonna look to fix our QB situation in April. Well, I guess we'll know by tomorrow if Feeley really IS our future starter. If he isn't I can only pray that Jay isn't either...

I also read that we'll be trading a "pick" for Feeley....I have yet to see anything other then speculation and 'sources' that we're trading a #2 and they've all been known to be wrong before.......I can keep my hopes up can't I?

Originally posted by Senrab21
Any chance that this move is a precursor to trading him?
Jay - no way
Fiedler's willingness to help the team is curious, given the fact that they are about to execute a trade that will offer former Philadelphia quarterback A.J. Feeley every chance to take his starting job. Obviously Fiedler and his agent did not find the market for his services to be very compelling.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-fiedlertaylorhelpfre&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Back
Top Bottom