Dolphins rookie Malcolm Perry's eye-popping statistic from 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins rookie Malcolm Perry's eye-popping statistic from 2019

This was my second favorite pick after Tua. Love the Kid’s attitude and shiftiness just as much as I love Flores sticking it to his old mentor. It too bad preseason is shortened (or outright cancelled??) so we could get an extended look at him.

They listed him as a WR after the Draft but I like the idea of him being a pass catching RB who throws the option pass from time to time.

His ability to make people miss would be ideal in pass catching match ups with LB's.

Can't foresee any legit chance this kid gets sufficient time (practice) to carve out a niche
this season. He'll get red-shirted on the PS with an eye towards having him ready to compete
in '21 OTAs / TC.

Can't foresee any legit chance this kid gets sufficient time (practice) to carve out a niche
this season. He'll get red-shirted on the PS with an eye towards having him ready to compete
in '21 OTAs / TC.

I think he’s a kid who could immediately improve our ST on both sides. That being said, a few untimely injuries and he could end up on the field as a RB or WR. I think, with proper development, he could end up as a very intriguing slot WR in the future.

Not surprising. Unquestionably the most elusive player in college football last year. I posted that in the Draft Forum maybe last December, in a thread asking about later round players we hoped the Dolphins would draft. I think I compared Perry to McCaffrey in terms of elusiveness but not as big or stopwatch fast.

Regarding instant elusiveness in a box, Perry is superior to McCaffrey.

Definitely one of the most intriguing picks in years. He was my second favorite pick behind Tua. I think he needs to be a running back and not wide receiver. Shift him into the slot of old and terrorize defensive schemes.

I think he’s a kid who could immediately improve our ST on both sides. That being said, a few untimely injuries and he could end up on the field as a RB or WR. I think, with proper development, he could end up as a very intriguing slot WR in the future.

Curious to what you see that makes you think he would help ST on the coverage end? I could maybe see some value as a returner, if he can even field punts, but he seems to small to help on the coverage end.

God this guy has Pat White written all over to me. I do not think this guy becomes a starter at the pro level. Hopefully I am wrong and he is our next Julian Edelman but I truly doubt it.

God this guy has Pat White written all over to me. I do not think this guy becomes a starter at the pro level. Hopefully I am wrong and he is our next Julian Edelman but I truly doubt it.

His peak IMO is Antwaan Randle El, he was good never great; could contribute in the run and pass game a bit and could help you with a handful of gadget plays a season.

Obviously we all know how White worked out. But White would have been an incredible player to take a gamble on in the 7th round.

Perry also has the advantage that he was already used all over the field in college. Even at QB, he was really a triple option player that simply had the threat that he might pass. In their senior seasons White threw the ball 22.8 times per game, while that number was only 6.6 for Perry. Though this does also mean that comparing any of Perry's rushing stats to other QB's can be a little misleading.

But you can see that Perry was already being used as a do-it-all gadget player even in college. While he obviously still has RB/WR positional skills to work on, this should make the transition to his NFL role much smoother.

But in the end we are talking about a 7th rounder. The odds of any 7th rounder working out are very low. The only reason Pat left such a bad taste in our mouths is because we wasted a 2nd on him.

Unlike Pat, the only way the name Malcolm Perry will be brought up in a Fins conversation over a decade after he was drafted is if he actually does something positive for this team.

Last edited:
Obviously we all know how White worked out. But White would have been an incredible player to take a gamble on in the 7th round.

Perry also has the advantage that he was already used all over the field in college. Even at QB, he was really a triple option player that simply had the threat that he might pass. In their senior seasons White threw the ball 22.8 times per game, while that number was only 6.6 for Perry. Though this does also mean that comparing any of Perry's rushing stats to other QB's can be a little misleading.

But you can see that Perry was already being used as a do-it-all gadget player even in college. While he obviously still has RB/WR positional skills to work on, this should make the transition to his NFL role much smoother.

But in the end we are talking about a 7th rounder. The odds of any 7th rounder working out are very low. The only reason Pat left such a bad taste in our mouths is because we wasted a 2nd on him.

Unlike Pat, the only way the name Malcolm Perry will be brought up in a Fins conversation over a decade after he was drafted is if he actually does something positive for this team.

This!

Back
Top Bottom