Dolphins Season Tickets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Season Tickets

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolfans,

It looks like I may be moving out your way in an effort to help the wife land her first teaching job. My wife has just finished her teaching credential and cant find work in So Cal. I've had some interest coming in from Stuart Florida, as well as some of the schools in the Keys area. My wife and I are thinking hard about Marathon HS (I know its a small school), but the life we could have there seems to be very appealing.

- Is it realistic to think I could get fins season tickets living down there? No way do I get that close and not get season tickets for the family.

Also, Can you tell me anything about the following:

- Life in the Keys....is it like living on an island in the Caribbean? Looks beautiful...but also a little expensive for two teachers.

- How about those schools in the keys.....do you know much about them? What about education down there all together?

- Anything else you can tell me about either area.

I think it would be outstanding to be able to visit those summer camps and home games! Hopfully if it works out I can get to know some of you Dolfans a little better! What kind of tickets are available Dolfans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Dolfans,

It looks like I may be moving out your way in an effort to help the wife land her first teaching job. My wife has just finished her teaching credential and cant find work in So Cal. I've had some interest coming in from Stuart Florida, as well as some of the schools in the Keys area. My wife and I are thinking hard about Marathon HS (I know its a small school), but the life we could have there seems to be very appealing.

- Is it realistic to think I could get fins season tickets living down there? No way do I get that close and not get season tickets for the family.

Yes there are plenty of season tix available.
Upper levels as well as club level seating
You can get mid to lower rows from the 10 yard line through the end zones in the upper deck. 20-50 yd. line seats you'll only be able to get nosebleeds if any at all.

- Life in the Keys....is it like living on an island in the Caribbean? Looks beautiful...but also a little expensive for two teachers.

It's as close to being on a carribean island as you can get.
Only living coral reef in the continental U.S. and the water is extremely beautiful. If you have ever wanted to live the "Jimmy Buffet lifestyle" this is where you want to be. The people are very protective of the area so they are wary of outsiders. Once you become a part of the keys family though most are very friendly (small town type of atmosphere). You can get a case of "island fever" living down there but the good thing is your only a couple hours drive from the "big city".

As for Stuart FL., expense wise, it's definitely more affordable.
Last time I checked property and housing was still pretty cheap for FL. That won't last long though so any property you buy up there you can expect to become a profitable investment in time.

- How about those schools in the keys.....do you knowm uch about them? What about education down there all together?

Can't help you there. We played Marathon high in football when I was in H.S. but that's it. It seemed like the whole town showed up for their football games. I thought that was really cool.

I think it would be outstanding to be able to visit those summer camps and home games! Hopfully if it works out I can get to know some of you Dolfans a little better! What kind of tickets are available Dolfans?

I hope you make it to Florida. God knows we can use more die hard Dolfans down here to fend off all the Jet fans!

Dolfans,

Also, Can you tell me anything about the following:

- How about those schools in the keys.....do you knowm uch about them? What about education down there all together?

- Anything else you can tell me about either area.

Trek was pretty accurate with his synopsis.... Marathon is good laid back livin... I wouldn't worry about it being expensive for two teachers too much. I don't know too much about schools down there either.... we played Key West in HS and it was just like Trek mentioned
Yeah come on down and get some tickets.... plenty to share. My season package cost something like $350 with a parking pass for 10 games. I'm upper level but good seats.

Stuart is growing.... I guess we are kind of subjective though.

How ironic, I've been considering a job transfer to Sunnyvale CA....

Thanks for the input Dolfans. I appreciate it. My biggest concern is affordable housing down in the keys.

It would be a live long dream come true to get season tickets to the Fins games.

Thanks for the input Dolfans. I appreciate it. My biggest concern is affordable housing down in the keys.

It would be a live long dream come true to get season tickets to the Fins games.

As Trek said....your first season tickets probably will be in section 413 or 415....thats the 35 to 40 yard line...if you do it now before the 1st select a seat day for the public.

I do not like the upper Keys..to much Miami like....the true carribean style living is in my opinion in the lower keys.

Stuart is the next county north to me. Very undeveloped area. Lots of potential in the future. Prices (homes, properties) are much lower than the south of it...even Port St Lucie to the north is getting more expensive.

If you live in Stuart it will take you about 1 hour on the TP to the stadium. I liv in Boca which is 30 miles north and my son lives in Port st Lucie which is about 110 miles north of the stadium. Stuart is somewhere in the middle. I can give you the exact milage after this weekend when I pick my son up. I will pay attention to the Stuart exit.

Depending on where you live in the keys you have to first take US1 to Florida City which is the last "mainland city" before the Keys and the beginning/end of the TP. I would wager a guess that it will take you at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours from Florida City to the stadium plus additional driving time from wherever you come in the keys.

I'm not sure whre you're coming from in CA

But my wife and the family are planning to move back to Fl. maybe Tamarac or Broward somewhere next year... I do know compared to New Jersey, the rent and home buying is much cheaper. I know Cali can be pretty expensive, but Fl is now near as expensive, unless you're talking Highland Oaks, Coconut Grove, or any affluent area. The cost of living is the same as New Jersey in terms of food and clothing, gas is actually more expensive, however shelter is by far very cheap in comparison to other States.

I don't mean to interfere with DOLFANMIKE's original post but how do you go about getting season tickets (DM this may help you out too) My dad and I live in Rochester and we are thinking about getting them for the 2004 season. We already have a place to stay, so air fare is all that we are talking. I would rotate the seats around between myself, my Dad and some other Fin Fans in WNY....

Stuart is not a bad area to teach, has some good schools, and you wouldnt be far from games, about an hour and half MAX.

I live in Brevard County, and by far we have the best teachers and best schools, not just saying that, but its proven by the amount of A schools we have and the amount of specially certified teachers we have. Plus we have the Cape, two rivers and the beach. And we are in the middle of the state so you can go every where. I had season tickets this past year and the drive was about 2 and half hours. Not too bad.

Good luck with whatever you do. Im gonna be a teacher in a year and a half, and this is where I will be living.

(Also the highschool football here is tremendous. =)

The keys are VERY expensive property wise. I have a friend selling a double wide trailer for over $250,000 and it doesn't have access to water. The property is on Key Largo.

My season tickets were $370.00 last year because they give season ticket holders a $7.00 discount per game. I sit in the upper deck, 10 rows up on the north end zone corner. They are actually pretty good seats. The Dolphins are supposed to announce an increase in price this year.

Stick to the board.... Season ticket holders have first dibs on Indivudual tickets.... Last year many of the members of this board were given the password (I wonder who did that?) to buy individual tickets before they were sold to the public....but we have to be sure you're not a Jets fan first!

Once on sale to the public.. the Jets and many other games sell out on the first day.

Let me add some input Mike.

Real Estate in the Florida Keys is very expensive!! I looked into purchasing a place in the Key Largo area, and was astounded at the prices. The other costs of living are average. It's like this anywhere south of Key Largo...

If you like the laid back lifestyle where almost everyone knows one another, then the Keys could be good fit. But it can be boring! Unless of course if you like fishing, boating, beaches, and bars! ;)

But the worse part is that Marathon Florida is 125 miles from Joe Robbie Stadium, and it could take up to 2.5 hours to get there, most likely almost 2, if I drive 29 minutes! :D

As for season tickets, you will end up upstairs, unless you can fork out the big dollars and get club seating! And today the Team announced a price increase, so a visit to their website might help a little more for pricing!

If it were me I would look into a place in the Florida City area, which thanks to NASCAR, and the Homestead RaceTrack, is an up and coming area. Places can be found cheap, and the Value is going up and up. Here you could have a good choice of schools, such as Homestead Senior High, South Dade High, and the very popular usually Nationally Ranked (football) SouthRidge Senior High.....and a zillion more.

But my best advice might be before you make your mind up blindly, you might want to just visit the places first during a nice vacation!

Back
Top Bottom