Dolphins season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins season

How far will the Dolphins go this year??

• AFC EAST 4th place

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • AFC EAST 3rd place

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Play-off bound wild card team

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Play-off bound Division champs

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 1st round exit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd round exit

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • AFC Championship game and exit

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Superbowl bound but no trophy

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Move over Lombardi and give me my damn trophy

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by infiltrateib

Oh, so Buffalo is last in the AFCE again this year too, right?

nope, the Jets will be...Buffalo or New England will take the division..probably Buffalo

Originally posted by Jeep
You can go thru each and every year for the last 10 years and when our weakness is mentioned some fool will say oh relax.. its only pre-season..

Actually... you can go all the way back to 1972 and find bad presasons... the 72 & 73 teams both did horrible in preseason. :D

Originally posted by WharfRat

Actually... you can go all the way back to 1972 and find bad presasons... the 72 & 73 teams both did horrible in preseason. :D

3-3 isn't horrible

Circle, you are unbelieveable man. Like the Billies are gonna go to the SB. Haaaaaa! Now that IS unbelieveable.

Originally posted by M-REAL
Circle, you are unbelieveable man. Like the Billies are gonna go to the SB. Haaaaaa! Now that IS unbelieveable.

I didn't say that...but I'm just an excited fan like you are;)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

I didn't say that...but I'm just an excited fan like you are;)

Somewhere in Michigan right now a Lions fan is telling a friend, "This is our year, man."

Originally posted by Jeep
oops... my mistake.. I was thinking Moore and confused him with Lee.. my bad

"Long snapper Ed Perry, linebacker Eddie Moore and defensive tackle Davern Williams suffered season-ending injuries."

"The problems began in early July when defensive end David Bowens tore a knee ligament at home."

Wrong Bowens :)

I haven't visited this site for about a week or two and didn't know that about Moore(USA Today doesn't see it as newsworthy I guess). That really sucks big time! I thought he could have been surprisingly productive as a rookie. :nono:

I was hoping he could take the job away from Greenwood, guess we'll have to wait one more year for that..

Originally posted by infiltrateib

Somewhere in Michigan right now a Lions fan is telling a friend, "This is our year, man."

No there isn't.......trust me. :lol: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WharfRat

Exactly..

With the Dolphins you can't get to excited about the upcoming season. Two minutes left in the Super Bowl and the Phins up by 20, I'll make a Super Bowl prediction. Until they prove me wrong I can't let myself hope they will do it this year. Year after year I have been proven wrong and I will not raise my expectations again this year, especially after last years DEBACLE!!

Originally posted by Bumrush
Year after year I have been proven wrong and I will not raise my expectations again this year, especially after last years DEBACLE!!

I totally agree... I remember being totally depressed when Woodley and the Phins lost the SB to the Redskins and John Riggins.. Then it was Joe Montana and Roger Craig at Stanford Stadium in 1984..

It seems at the start of almost every season, we all had high hopes and expectations only to be left crying at the end.. and this does date back to well over 20 years..

20+ years of dissapointment.. why???

Instead of trying to predict what will come of this season especially after two preseason games, I'm just biding my time waiting to see the mystery unfold before us on game day. There are so many games, so many plays, so many people involved in trying to influence where this team goes. The mystery of it all is the beauty of competition. We as fans can be overly optimistic, or we can be safely sceptical. Neither defines us has true fans. A fan is defined whether or not he'll stand up in the a room full of Jets, Bill, Cowboy, Bucs fans when the team just went 9-7 and missed the playoffs and say HELL YEAH I'm Dolphin Fan and will be until the day I die. I will not ever base my fanship or a fellow fans trueness on their prediction for the year. Hell it's just a crap shoot anyway and if your right it means absolutely nothing other than you were optimistic. It doesnt' mean you have some inate skill to predict who will win the SB. And it certainly does mean you are truer fan in any since of the word than some guy who has jersey and hats dating back to the 70's. And the fact that someone has those jesery's doesn't make him more of fan than my 13 year old nephew, just makes him older.

Back
Top Bottom