Dolphins Send Dan Marino To Look At Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Send Dan Marino To Look At Senior Bowl

What does Dan know about evaluating QBs. Don’t get me wrong I love Dan Marino and everything he’s done for this franchise, but he lobbied for Damon Huard as his heir successor. That’s like Peyton Manning vouching for Gase. Welcome to this **** show known as the Miami Dolphins.

What does Dan know about evaluating QBs. Don’t get me wrong I love Dan Marino and everything he’s done for this franchise, but he lobbied for Damon Huard as his heir successor. That’s like Peyton Manning vouching for Gase. Welcome to this **** show known as the Miami Dolphins.

It can't do any harm to ask for a legendary quarterback's opinion on the prospects at the senior bowl. Ok he's not an evaluator, but he's played the position to a high level and knows what it takes. Maybe he watches a guy and thinks he's got it, then passes that name to our front office to look into. Or maybe they take his recommendation and pick the guy if he's there. Who knows? But it makes sense to make use of Dan Marino because it's a different avenue than asking scouts all the time. Collect as much information and opinions as possible to help you make an informed decision.

None of us know how or if Marino can evaluate talent but he works for the team so why not?

Whats the harm really? If he indeed doesnt know how to sport good QBs, then him being there just gives him some learning experience, he works for the team, you'd rather he just got coffee for everyone?

You prefer that Dan spends his time hanging out with Serena and Gloria?

Lord man, Dan knows exactly what a Franchise QB looks like,

He stares at one every morning in the mirror

can't be a bad thing to have him around, he's obviously got great experience. And even if it's only for PR, that's ok too- he certainly made an impression on Lock

He's providing input, not making the decision. Who better within the organization to discern that intrinsic "It Factor" QB heart of a competitor?

AFAIC Ross should likewise hire Zac to help evaluate LBs.

IMO Dan can do what EVER he wants to do with the respect and credibility deserved by one of the greatest QBs in NFL History. With that being said ....

There are two QB's there for the taking Murray and Haskins and you don't even need a beginners class in rocket science to know this. If we have the best shot at a successful QB its a no brainer that 2019 draft sacrifice will be in play to pick up either one of these two..... Christ they are willing to Tank the whole season but giving up some high picks in THIS years draft something they have to think about....

Griers success at this stage is being judged, 1. Coach and IMO, 2. is if he screws up this extremely valid opportunity that is totally feasible to do with some BS dumb azz strategy...
This having the balls and insight will tell us a lot about the future direction of our team....

And YES I understand those Draft and building through it people for I'm usually one of them but we have a great opportunity to get what we've needed for decades and should not do a Dolphinization move because this opportunity doesn't come around that often....JMFO...

Doesn't he go every year?

Ya I think he does and thats a great opportunity for the team. But this year my 12 year old nephew even see's the obvious 2 that stand out and are attainable, and god love him, a Marino evaluation not really necessary but also good to have on the other guys that truthfully unless a act of throwing off our scent, could be considered a waste of time..... ...

Back
Top Bottom