Dolphins should have played hardball with Fangio-Eagles..... Thoughts? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should have played hardball with Fangio-Eagles..... Thoughts?

Somebody pointed out that it was in his contract that he could leave whenever he wanted to.
Jesus f*ckin christ this site. Someone off hand said that with no source and you are the second to parrot this. Someone needs to support that theory or stop with this nonsense.

I just don't see the point of playing hardball. He didn't want to be here, and we weren't wild about him. I don't think it would look good for the Fins if we tried to drag it out. Just my opinion.

I've just always been the sort of guy where if both parties are ok with ending things, just let it end.

There was 100% tampering. Roles reversed and we would be under investigation.
You are correct. Goodell would be pursuing Stephen Ross as a heinous owner who cultivates a culture that embraces rampant tampering. He would be fined $10M, suspended from attending games, sent to the NFL torture chamber and the Dolphins would be fined multiple Draft picks. 50% of FH would be freaking out about it. In contrast, nothing will happen to Jeffery Lurie and Howie Roseman.

We don’t know why he left, he wasn’t perfect but the defense improved under him especially given the number of injuries.
The rumours so far.
Players didn’t like him- they don’t have to like him just play hard and do as their told (unlike Saints players)
Didn’t get along with other staff - Not a problem if you are knocking it out of the park.
Family matters - unlikely
Poached by the Eagles - get an interest from elsewhere, make yourself superfluous to requirements, get your own way. My monies on this

I don’t think there was any route available for compensation. But you don’t have a contract hashed out within hours unless you were tampering with a coach who was under contract to another team.

Jesus f*ckin christ this site. Someone off hand said that with no source and you are the second to parrot this. Someone needs to support that theory or stop with this nonsense.
He signed a 3 year contract with an optional 4th. Now it has been reported as a 2 year contract. The details will never be known, what is known is he ****ed around with the Miami job after Philly wanted to hire him and he had accepted a position in South Beach.

Whether or not there was some form of "hey man, come in for 1yr and we'll let you walk" will never be known.

He signed a 3 year contract with an optional 4th. Now it has been reported as a 2 year contract. The details will never be known, what is known is he ****ed around with the Miami job after Philly wanted to hire him and he had accepted a position in South Beach.

Whether or not there was some form of "hey man, come in for 1yr and we'll let you walk" will never be known.
Which is why I absolutely question anyone stating something as absurd as that as fact here. đź‘Ť

Which is why I absolutely question anyone stating something as absurd as that as fact here. đź‘Ť
What is fact is that Vic waisted everyone's time, if he wanted to be in Philly than go to ****in' Philly, it is undeniable now that he wanted to go to Philly last year, so why **** around? I'm not going to say the guy is a bum but he's a bum for doing what he did.

"The NFL laid out the ground rules for its 2024 coaching cycle Friday, sending out a memo to all 32 teams, per CBS Sports senior NFL insider Jonathan Jones, about its new anti-tampering policies ahead of Monday when the 2023 season ends for more than half the league (18 teams)."

"Should eliminated teams want to interview assistants with teams participating in the opening round of the postseason, virtual interviews can be done three days after the candidate's first playoff game, and then they must be concluded before the end of the of the divisional round on Jan. 21. "

"Following the divisional round, in-person interviews can occur since assistants for 28 of the league's 32 teams will be concluded with their seasons at that point. These new changes are in place to even the playing field between coaching candidates in the postseason and those who are not, along with limiting potential distractions for their current teams that could occur due to these interviews."

Back
Top Bottom