Dolphins should have played hardball with Fangio-Eagles..... Thoughts? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should have played hardball with Fangio-Eagles..... Thoughts?

I don’t think it was worth it.

Why play games with a coach who has mentored so many current coaches in the league to get a late pick? Coaches are a fraternity and even if they could have played hard ball, it’s not worth pissing off that group.

I'll sum this up very easily. First, there is no such this as tampering with coordinators. A rule was set in place a few years ago saying after the season, teams are free to interview whomever they want in this aspect.

Next, a coordinator cannot make a lateral change in teams unless both teams agree. NFL contracts restrict that from happening due to poaching and the fact $$$ could move coaches with no restrictions. A coordinator IS allowed to break a contract with an upwards shift in teams, meaning the only position Fangio could voluntarily leave the Dolphins for would be an Assistant HC / DC for another team or HC. That's it.

The other way is for the Dolphins to fire him. Tear up his contract and kick him out of the building. No matter how they phrase that "mutual" or whatever, he was fired.

Playing hardball? Most likely PHI would have or is offering him an Assistant HC position for when Sirrianni fails this year and there is f*ck all Miami could do about that.
I do think it was mutual cause Fangio really wanted to be in Philly and not down here.....at the same time the Dolphins were fine moving on cause McDaniel knew that Fangio's heart was not here so why try keeping him?

I know it's the off season but why should we even care about what might have happened or should have happened ... It has already happened ...

Fangios defense improved the Dolphins statistically ... that's what the talking heads will (may already be saying) say ... I read a piece from Poupart (sp?) that added he did it even with the injuries ...
so, hats off to him, I guess.

My statistical praise stops with PPG. I'm glad he's gone personally. Reminds me of the same crap we went through with Schultz ... family illness was his out ... :rolleyes: and there he is a yr. or so later with the Browns (I think).

Doesn't seem the guy wanted to spend what time he has left building the Dolphins to a championship caliber D.

I do think it was mutual cause Fangio really wanted to be in Philly and not down here.....at the same time the Dolphins were fine moving on cause McDaniel knew that Fangio's heart was not here so why try keeping him?

I agree with those perspectives, however I am very curious if Fangio just doesn't think the Dolphins have what it takes to compete, either through players, salary cap or management.

Hardball........ @circumstances is always in favor of hardball, though I really doubt he would have any interest in Fangio......

Maybe Rex Ryan would be into some VF hardball if he took off his shoes and socks.

I hope I've left bizarre images in everyone's mind............

Hardball........ @circumstances is always in favor of hardball, though I really doubt he would have any interest in Fangio......

Maybe Rex Ryan would be into some VF hardball if he took off his shoes and socks.

I hope I've left bizarre images in everyone's mind............
As per usual. - LOL

If he didn't want to be here then why bother. Most of our defensive players didn't like him and I was not impressed with our defense either. I think we can do better.

I agree with those perspectives, however I am very curious if Fangio just doesn't think the Dolphins have what it takes to compete, either through players, salary cap or management.
well, before the season started Fangio was asked about the personnel and he said that in some positions we had the players but not at other positions so he never held back what was in his mind......looks like players couldn’t take the truth

well, before the season started Fangio was asked about the personnel and he said that in some positions we had the players but not at other positions so he never held back what was in his mind......looks like players couldn’t take the truth
Are you sure you aren't letting your Italian bias creep in?

Apparently some of his biggest critics among players were also the best players. That kind of goes counter to your supposition.

I look at it this way.

He didn't want to be here.

A lot of the players didn't like him.

It appears that he was incompatible with McD in terms of being "hungry" and putting in the long hours that are expected of coaches.

I wasn't high on the hire to begin with, as I don't like the philosophy/scheme. Best to just cut ties and move on.

Edit: And he bad mouthed Ozzy........

Back
Top Bottom