Dolphins sign a QB - Fales | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign a QB - Fales

fansinceGWilson

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Source: The #Dolphins have agreed to terms w/QB David Fales. Fales was a former draft pick of the #Bears and spent 2015 w/MIA HC Adam Gase.

Meh camp arm

You should give walker credit...

Dolphins have agreed to terms with QB David Fales

Source: The #Dolphins have agreed to terms w/QB David Fales. Fales was a former draft pick of the #Bears and spent 2015 w/MIA HC Adam Gase.James WalkerVerified account
@JamesWalkerNFL

Camp arm I guess.

Seems to rule out a day 3 flier on Brad Kaaya . . . For my Canes fans.

Expect movement on the QB front every year while Gase is here.

Transferred to Monterey (Calif.) Peninsula College for the next two seasons, where he threw for 4,635 yards and 37 touchdowns. Moved on to San Jose State for the '12 campaign and completed 327-of-451 passes for 4,193 yards (72.5 percent) with 33 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 13 starts and was the FBS' most accurate passer. Named MVP of the Military Bowl after recording 395 yards and two touchdowns. Threw for 312-487-4,189-33-13 (64.1) in 12 starts in '13. Was one of only two QBs, joining Fresno State's Derek Carr, with 4,000-plus yards in both '12 and '13. Had a 17-8 career record in 25 starts. Team captain.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Well built (works hard in the weight room). Sets up cleanly and with balance. Nice play fake. Compact, three-quarters release with clean, quick arm action. Throws a clean spiral with good short-to-intermediate accuracy. Flashes touch. Confident and competitive. Tough and durable. Sparkling intangibles -- outstanding personal and football character. Leads vocally and by example and is universally respected. Intelligent, passionate, motivated football junkie who takes pride in his craft and puts the time in to improve.
WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal height and has relatively small hands. Average foot athlete and escapability. Can improve maneuverability in the pocket. Not yet sophisticated with his eyes. Tends to stare down his primary. Arm strength is just functional -- struggles to drill velocity throws on a line and is not a natural deep thrower. Accuracy wanes downfield. Needs to improve against the blitz. Just a two-year starter.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 5-6

BOTTOM LINE Burst onto the scene as a junior-college transfer in 2012 when he led the nation in completion percentage (72.5), executing a quarterback-friendly system and putting himself on the NFL radar. Concerns about his height and arm strength will limit his appeal, but at worst should be a quality backup in a precision-matchup system.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/david-fales?id=2543751

Seems to rule out a day 3 flier on Brad Kaaya . . . For my Canes fans.

Expect movement on the QB front every year while Gase is here.

Instead of Kaaya, who has significant deficiencies, I would not mind one of the 5th's being used on Chad Kelly.

Instead of Kaaya, who has significant deficiencies, I would not mind one of the 5th's being used on Chad Kelly.

No way I want anything to do with Chad Kelly. Dude is a college QB and he wants to fight at a high school football game???? No thanks. He's about as mature as Manziel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way I want anything to do with Chad Kelly. Dude is a college QB and he wants to fight at a high school football game???? No thanks. He's about as mature as Manziel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he's learned a painful and costly lesson and now operates under the influence of one of the best guys in the NFL - his uncle Jim. He's sure got the skillset to succeed.

I'd shoot craps with him as a later rounder. And don't forget that we just re-signed Misi who as a pro baller, broke in a door at a college campus and punched a sleeping man in the eye.. so it's not like the Fins aren't about redemptive second chances :idk:

In a another thread Ritchie Incognito was referred to as psychotic. RI is a button pusher. He saw a weakness and exploited it. If you want to talk about a psychotic, that would be Chad Kelly and I do not want him anywhere near this team.

In a another thread Ritchie Incognito was referred to as psychotic. RI is a button pusher. He saw a weakness and exploited it. If you want to talk about a psychotic, that would be Chad Kelly and I do not want him anywhere near this team.

Dude made a stupid decision, but he was defending his little brother.

And frankly, who here hasnt gotten in at least one stupid fight?

He is a steal in the 5th round.

Back
Top Bottom