Dolphins sign a QB - Fales | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign a QB - Fales

6fee935ea65691ae8cc087fe78be3015.jpg

Get it? They're fales. Like his last name.

Good comments on Kelly, guys. I like to be informed by others' opinions. I'd agree that Kelly may be a head case so far, but we are talking about a later pick and from what I've seen, he's very talented. His talent level might translate to an early pick. If Gase can reach him between the ears, then he could become a steal. This is one of those things where fans don't get to interview the kid. If he convinces Gase then he could be a high reward player without huge risk. If he hasn't learned anything and is unduly ****y with ooor character, then I'd agree we shouldn't have him contaminating the locker room.

I'd rather see development in possible young QB talent than continue to hold on to Moore.

And Chad Kelly is a failure. Stay away from that inconsistent mess.

The only way Moore leaves is if he retires. I believe his contract is up after next season and they probably sign him to another 1 or 2 year deal. And they should. Moore has done last season exactly what he is supposed to do: carry the torch in the absence of Tannehill. Plus I don't think Tannehill wants another backup. Moore and him have a terrific relationship and trust on and off the field.

Gase will continue to bring in QBs (as he should) but more for 3rd string/practice squad and camp fodder. I think he will get serious with backup competition when Moore is ready to retire.

My view on drafting late round QBs to groom is that there are three results of varying likelihood:

1) the extraordinarily unlikely chance that we find the next Brady.
2) the more likely, still unlikely, but realistically best case scenario in which we find a QB that can be groomed to Matt Moore's level.
3) the most likely scenario in which we use a draft pick on a guy who isn't on the roster in a year or two and doesn't contribute in any way.

I just don't buy into the theory. Sure, if somebody drops inexplicably, go for it. But drafting a QB every year just because (or because you think you are emulating the pats) makes little sense to me.

My view on drafting late round QBs to groom is that there are three results of varying likelihood: 1) the extraordinarily unlikely chance that we find the next Brady. 2) the more likely, still unlikely, but realistically best case scenario in which we find a QB that can be groomed to Matt Moore's level. 3) the most likely scenario in which we use a draft pick on a guy who isn't on the roster in a year or two and doesn't contribute in any way. I just don't buy into the theory. Sure, if somebody drops inexplicably, go for it. But drafting a QB every year just because (or because you think you are emulating the pats) makes little sense to me.
Ding, ding, ding!!!! I'm not opposed to drafting a day 3 QB, . . . IF one is rated at or above where we pick, there isn't a significantly higher ranked player at another position, and everyone realizes there's a less than 5% chance he's in the league 3 years later. This crap about drafting one every year or two "just in case" is beyond unrealistic.

My view on drafting late round QBs to groom is that there are three results of varying likelihood:

1) the extraordinarily unlikely chance that we find the next Brady.
2) the more likely, still unlikely, but realistically best case scenario in which we find a QB that can be groomed to Matt Moore's level.
3) the most likely scenario in which we use a draft pick on a guy who isn't on the roster in a year or two and doesn't contribute in any way.

I just don't buy into the theory. Sure, if somebody drops inexplicably, go for it. But drafting a QB every year just because (or because you think you are emulating the pats) makes little sense to me.

that's basically the most likely scenario for any player drafted late, regardless of position. might as well swing for the fences and draft a QB with one of those picks. you've got just as little risk as drafting a position player but the potential reward is much higher, however unlikely that may be.

Back
Top Bottom