Dolphins sign Jason McCourty | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jason McCourty

I always evaluate situational influence first and foremost. Noah needs a ton of work. Xavien Howard doesn't strike me as the type to give a flip about a younger player, especially in the midst of a contract whine. Not sure about Byron Jones. He seems more like a community leader type than a mentor. As soon as we signed McCourty I was sure he must be known for tutoring younger players. Sure enough, one Google of, "Jason McCourty teach young players," produced this link as the first result:

Noah and X have been working together this off-season.

I don’t like this move unless they are moving him to Free. Then it’s just okay.

I think he's here as a much cheaper option to teach the young guys how to call the defense

I can see him being moved to Safety at this point in his career. And the fact that he has been known as someone who can teach our younger players how to be a pro DB sure is an added bonus.

I think he's here as a much cheaper option to teach the young guys how to call the defense

Signing a corner...to come in and teach the safeties how to call the defense...
I can see him being moved to Safety at this point in his career. And the fact that he has been known as someone who can teach our younger players how to be a pro DB sure is an added bonus.

You would think two of the highest paid corners in the game would be about to teach them how to be a pro DB.

Signing a corner...to come in and teach the safeties how to call the defense...

You would think two of the highest paid corners in the game would be about to teach them how to be a pro DB.
I don't believe McCain was ever a safety or called a defense until Flo had him. I believe McCourts experience and cost is what Flo got here. And I do believe he will assist in developing the young guys at both spots. At least in the beginning.

I am guessing he is here to start at FS until Javon Holland is ready. I hope Holland beats him out in camp and McCourtey is relegated to veteran depth.

Has anyone seen the $ amount that Jason McCourty is getting paid in Miami? This will be a decent indicator whether he has been signed as a starter or backup. He was a $5M / season guy for the past 2 years in New England but my hunch is that he signed with the Dolphins for much less.

I am guessing he is here to start at FS until Javon Holland is ready. I hope Holland beats him out in camp and McCourtey is relegated to veteran depth.
Wouldn't take long for Holland to start, given McCourtey injury history. I say at game five.

Back
Top Bottom